Dean and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good Very Bad Day!

Dean woke to Grama cause Daddy had to go into work for a few hours, so Dean would be spending the day with his Grama, which meant he had to walk or crawl cause Grama couldn't pick him up, unless he was in his crib or in her lap already. She got his bum changed and got him dressed in cute painter overalls and a tie-dye long sleeve onesie with white socks. She helped him down off the changing table and they walked to the kitchen for breakfast.

He climbed up into his booster seat and waited for Grama to cook his breakfast. She brought over a bowl full of oatmeal and a sippy cup of grape juice. Dean took a drink from the cup, eyeing the oatmeal (He wasn't sure he was going to like it). Grama put a bib on him, so he wouldn't get his outfit dirty, and sat down to feed him. The phone rang, it was Jody (the nice cop lady).

"Hi Jody... ummm no I'm babysitting Dean," said Grama as she got a spoonful, holding it out to Dean, but not quite far enough for him to take the bite, the she put it back in the bowl and standing up.

Dean pouted thinking maybe Grama forgot something.

She sat back down, still on the phone. She again grabbed a spoonful and went to feed it to him, but it never reached him mouth. Grama again got up to do something. Dean was hungry so he grabbed the bowl, put two fingers in it and into his mouth, before he started gagging on it (It tasted like wall paper paste). He pushed the bowl onto the floor as he gagged. He grabbed his sippy cup, taking a long pull off of it to get the taste out of his mouth.

"Oh Dean. I'm so sorry buddy," said Grama. "Jody, I have to call you back, I need to feed Dean," as she hung up she pealed on orange for him.

"Yucky Gama," said Dean pointing to the upside down bowl on the floor.

"It was? Did you taste it?" asked Grama.

"Yea. Yucky!" said Dean in a raspy voice, making a face, as Grama brought him over the orange.

"Dean honey you feeling okay?" asked Grama putting her hand on his forehead, brushing his hair back. He felt a little warm.

"Yea," rasped Dean, eating his orange.

After breakfast, Grama cleaned him up and Dean went to the living room to play with Chad Dragon his and toys. Grama was in the kitchen cleaning, when Dean started coughing (it sounded like he had swallowed a seal).

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Uncle Chad stopped by at lunch time to eat with Dean (he brought chicken nuggets and French fries with him). Dean was laying on the floor, playing with Moose and Chad Dragon when Uncle Chad showed up. He started coughing again.

"Oh buddy, are you okay?" asked Uncle Chad as he walked into the living room. He knelt down to feel his forehead "Dude, you're burning up! Come on, Uncle Chad will fix it," picking Dean up taking him to the kitchen to get him some medicine. Dean lay his head on Uncle Chad's shoulder, coughing more. His throat hurt and his chest started to hurt. Uncle Chad got some pink stuff in a medi spoon, held it up to Dean's mouth.

"Come on big guy, you got to take this if you want to stop coughing," Dean wasn't having it.

Grama stepped in to help. "Dean, if you take the medicine, I'll give you some soda," Dean was up for that! He swallowed the medicine down (it was supposed to be bubble gum. Yea right!).

"Yucky!" said Dean as Uncle Chad sat him in his booster seat, Grama gave him a little bit of soda in his sippy cup, while Uncle Chad put his nuggets and fries in front of him.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

"I'm calling Sam. I don't like the sound of that cough," said Uncle Chad grabbing his phone out of his pocket.