Being a Mortician

Undertaker led me to a coffin laying in the middle of the funeral parlor. He took off the lid on the coffin and revealed that there was a body of a woman in it. She had a large cut on her throats and an even larger and deeper cut on her lower abdomen. She was covered in blood.

"Hehehe, it appears that this women is another one of the victims of Jack the Ripper!" Undertaker dug his fingers into the larger cut on her lower abdomen and pried open a gap large enough for us to see inside. It looked like something was missing.

"Her uterus is missing, like the others." Undertaker said cleaning his fingers.

"Like the others?" I asked even though i already knew the answer because I've watched the anime.

"You see, Jack the Ripper has a....particular killing style. He finds his victims at night, kill them by slitting their throat, then he removes their uterus. And also, all of his victims that as been identified so far are all prostitutes."

"Wow, that sure is gruesome." I said trying to sound surprised.

"Hehehe, but that is none of our morticians business. For now we focus on our job which is preparing our guest for her final destination and arrange for her funeral." he looked at the document that came with her, "her name is Mary Ann Nichols and she was working as a prostitute at the time of her death at age 43."

Undertaker put away the document and pointed to a door that I didn't notice before," this door leads to the bath and sink where we can clean our guest. This cupboard next to the door contains the sugical instruments like stitches and operation knifes. And that," he pointed to a wooden drawer, " has make up and hair products in it. Lastly, that wardrobe has spare clothes and jewellery for our guests if their family has not given us any clothing they want for our guests to wear to their graves." Undertaker then proceeded to explain everything about being a mortician.

"Hehehe! Now is the time to demonstrate how well you have listened to all the informations I have given you, and turn them into your own skill and knowledge!"Undertaker said after finishing the explanation.

"Okay!" I said and silently muttered an encouragement to myself. I just really didn't want to mess up any of Undertaker's guests and ruin his impression of me. I took a deep breathe and dragged the coffin to the washroom.

I put our guest Mary into the bathtub, and washed off the dried blood on her body. I then attempted to wash out the dry blood in her hair, but to no avail. I had to use half of the bottle of shampoo to completely clean her hair. Then putting her on a table, I dried off her body and hair. She had some scars on her wrists which i noticed but I just brushed it aside. I also stitched her cuts up with the stuff I found in the cupboard. Stitching was harder than I expected because her body was already starting to stiff. I dressed her in the clothes her family provided which included some nice underwear, a simple ankle length baby blue dress with a small amount of decorative white laces. It covered up the big cut on her stomach quite well but the cut on her throat was totally uncovered. So i decided to put a choker around her which matched with her dress. It was time for her hair and make up. This was gonna be the fun part.

I plaited some of her straight brown hair and curled the plait around her head like a crown. And I let the rest of her long hair flow down naturally onto her shoulders. Onto the make up. First I powdered her face so that it didn't look so lifelessly pale. Then I did some contouring and highlighting to define her features. I checked her eye colour and I applied a light layer of green eyeshadow to represent her original eye colour. I also applied a small amount of blush and lipstick in order to bring some life back to her face. When the make up was done, I found that the overall effect was quite good. It wasn't too much, it wasn't too little, it was just exactly how I wanted it to turn out.