Mission 7: Magical Exhaustion

"Stiles." Phil Coulson called. "Why am I not surprised to find you here?" He asked rhetorically.

Stiles felt enough guilt to flinch at his uncle's question. He smiled sheepishly and was about to scratch that back of his head when he remembered it was covered with Iron Man's fresh blood. He stilled and brought his hands in front of him. It was all covered with blood from his favorite hero whom he just rescued from the Hulk after he talked it to calm down. There was a ringing in his ear. Just then his hand got blurry. Was it shaking or was he about to faint? Or maybe it was a little bit of both. May be he was getting off the adrenaline rush and that realization made him realize he was very tired.

His vision momentarily had flashes of white and the world tilted the way it shouldn't. Then someone was on his side. "-tiles!" He heard someone close shouted but it was very muffled.

He heard Phil bark orders before whoever was holding him hoisted him into his arms. It was a 'he'. Stiles was sure because there were hard muscles around him. It must be Jackson. Was Jackson always this muscular?

"Jaxsss, put me down. I can walk." Stiles said, trying to get up. But Jackson didn't budge him. If anything else, he just held on tighter.

Stiles shook his head, trying to clear out his vision. He was stronger than this. The white pulled back to his periphery and his vision got a little cleared. He squinted his eye as he looked at Jackson. But everything was still too bright to focus on and all he got were silhouettes on very bright background. "Put me down." He managed to sound a little firmer. Jackson scoffed at him.

His vision cleared better and he begun to recognize the shadowy figure carrying him. He didn't think it was Jackson carrying him. He was blonde with fair skin and bright blue eyes. But the shape of his face was wrong. Stiles blinked hard, believing his vision would clear when he opened them. He saw his magic flickered sky blue bright behind his eyes before fading the next second. When he opened his eyes, he could see clear again. His breath hitched as bright blue eyes looked at him with concern.

It was Captain freaking America!

Captain America was carrying him! Stiles freaked out. He would have fainted. He really would have if it weren't for the fact he almost did a second ago. And he didn't want to further embarrass himself in front of the national icon who saved the world on weekly basis.

Stiles groaned as he remembered he just gave the Captain a talk-to-the-hand gesture earlier. His father would scold him for hours if he ever finds out his son was rude to Captain America.

"What's wrong? Am I hurting you?" Captain America asked with genuine concern.

"I-I'm fine." Stiles stammered his face heating. The good captain frowned and was skeptical to believe that the kid was saying the truth. No human could get out of that fight unscathed and he did just hear him groaned. "I promise you're not hurting me. It's that I gave you the talk to the hand gesture earlier. I'm really sorry." Stiles explained. When the frown deepened. Stiles hastily added, "Sir!"

"We'll get you checked." The Captain said, leaving no arguments.

A shadow fell over them. Stiles realized that they just boarded a quinjet.

"Over here Cap." Phil said.

Captain America gently put him down. Stiles wobbled and his knees failed him but strong arms caught him and steadied him. Stiles held on the Captain's firm shoulder as the man guided him to take a seat. Steve crouched in front of him.

Captain America pulled back his cowl. Stiles was not prepared to see the handsome man beneath it. The photo ops of Time Magazine did no justice to show how handsome Steve Roger was.