HostPost: Long-List

Hello Wattpaders! Ale here.

The last 24h have been crazy, haven't they? Some were freaked out, some were having fun, some were invoking all deities to curse Wattpad. We got past that, hopefully, to suddenly find the long-list winners.

Well, this is what the note is all about.

Congratulations for the WOCA Participants who have entered the long list! (Honestly, I'm not sure if there are any, but I saw quite a few message boards, so yeah 😊).

Also congratulations to those who didn't reach the long-list, but still entered the Wattys! The fact that you participated in such a fierce battle makes you a.w.e.s.o.m.e.! You know why? Because you tried! Even if you didn't win, don't start thinking that your book isn't good! Why does everybody do that? So many people were bumped that they worked so much on their books and weren't even accepted... And if any of you are in that stage, read on and let me tell you somethin' :

1. There were around 362.000 books entered in this contest, from book's with 10 views to 1 or 2 million, and only 784 got into that list. So that means each author had a chance of 0.22% to be in that list. That's closer to 0 than 1.

2. Even more, WRITING IS AN ART. It is not science, you can't just write an equation and puf, you're done, first place guaranteed. This makes everything so much fierce.

3. And don't forget, the Watties spaces are limited, whether the judges want it or not. It's known that very good books haven't entered the list, and that's a fact. It is just like the 60 Seconds Game! French was the on the 9th place out of (how many languages?), but it wasn't a scored answer. It didn't make the list. That doesn't mean French will now give up! Neither should you! Any of you could've been so close to those 784 spots.

I know I suck at being a motivational speaker, but I mean every word. If only they made a Wattys for contests as well, cause I got the best participants here and I'm proud of y'all!

Other news: all the new forms will be accepted today! Thank you for listening to me.

~Ale