Chapter 1

L.A. was treating me good. I was having the time of my life there. My skin became a shade darker and my hair got lighter. I was going to school full time and living with my sister and her husband in their nice apartment on Hollywood Blvd.

Life was good and besides college, I was mostly carefree and was just enjoying my new home. I even deleted all social media to eliminate stress and drama.

I've been living here for a little over a year now, and haven't really made many friends, just a few at school that invite me to lunch or out partying every so often but we aren't close.

I got really close to Logan and Jake though. They pretty much are my brothers so it was about time honestly.

Christmas was only a few short weeks away and I was excited. It was my favorite holiday and I just loved the joy and happiness it brought to everyone.

We had recently set our tree up and we decided to string twinkling lights all around the living room so it was feeling very festive in the apartment. "Have yourself a merry little Christmas." I sang along to the Christmas music I had playing through the whole house while I swept the floor. Logan and Shay were out for the evening so I decided to get the place clean and spotless for them while they were gone.

I had a compilation of youtubers Christmas music covers playing through and I loved hearing all the different voices and styles while I cleaned.

As I swept, something about this particular song seemed familiar. Like I knew he song, everyone knows the song, but that voice. That voice sounded like one I know.

I stopped sweeping for a moment and walked over to my phone that was sitting on the counter, broom still in hand.

Youtube was up and there was someone sitting in front of a camera, filtered black and white.

"Oh my god." I covered my mouth and I looked at who it was.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas covered by Corbyn Besson

I never knew about this. I never knew he posted singing videos to YouTube. I never knew he was this good.

I leaned the broom up against the counter and sat down on a stool in front of my phone, just staring at the screen, watching my old best friend.

His death still stung, especially when it would just hit me out of nowhere. It could still be hard, but I had learned to cope and I was taking better than I was before.

Every so often as I laid awake in bed at night, I would think of senior year and the impact it all had on my life.

I would think of my boyfriend Jonah, or my best friend Jack, and sometimes Alex, we don't even talk anymore, and I really missed Daniel and Zach, nothing ended bad between us, I just said some hurtful things in front of them and so they pretty much took jack's side and we drifted apart after that.

I couldn't help but think that if Corbyn was still here, we would all still be friends and I never would have had to go through the heartbreak of losing any of them like that.

But sometimes I would tell myself maybe it was for the best. They could have been holding me back from college or distracting me from my future, and I didn't need that.

As I sat there watching Corbyn sing, I noticed that this video came from a channel titled Corbyn Besson, so I clicked on it to see what else he had posted.

As I scrolled through his videos, I realized that some of these were recent, like the one currently playing, was posted 3 days ago.

"What the fuck." I said aloud, scrolling through all the videos and seeing them all from the past year.

"What?" Shay asked as she walked through the hallway from the door. I hadn't even noticed them come in.

"Look at this." I picked up my phone and walked it over to her. "This is Corbyn, my friend that killed himself last year. This was posted 3 days ago, and there are many more from not even a year ago." I was shocked, I didn't know what to think about it.

"Maybe his mom found his old singing videos and decided to post them to YouTube for the world to see how amazing he was." Shay suggested as she waddled her way into the kitchen.

"Maybe. You're probably right. There's not way he's alive. I was there when he died. The officer told me he was dead." I sighed, thinking back to that moment when the officer came into the waiting room and gave me the worst news I've ever received.

"Exactly. They're old videos." She shrugged as she looked through the fridge for food.

"Babe we literally just got back from dinner." Logan said as he came inside, setting his jacket coat down on the bar stool.

"I'm hungry." She pouted before continuing to search for food.

"This is why you don't get pregnant." Logan jokingly whispered to me. But I wasn't in the mood to joke.

"I'm gonna go to bed." I said as I began making my way down the stairs, pausing the music on my phone.

"What's up with her?" I heard Logan ask as I disappeared behind the wall.

Once in my room I just fell back on my bed and sighed, thinking of Corbyn once again.

Shay made a good point, but the thought of him still being alive echoed through my head. Was it possible?