Chapter 2

After finding Corbyns YouTube channel, I couldn't get him out of my mind.

I had convinced myself that there was a chance that he could still be alive, but Shay told me I need to be realistic and face reality so believed her theory, but still spent all my nights wondering if he could still be alive while I watched his covers, over and over again.

I decided to look into things a little bit more, so I downloaded Instagram again to look him up.

The account I followed hadn't been used since March of last year, and that broke my heart. I didn't know what I was expecting to see, I just got my hopes up too much.

After scrolling through Instagram for the first time in a year, I decided to search his name again.

This time I actually searched it in the search bar instead of clicking his tag off one of my photos.

Another account came up second, Corbyn Besson, with a verified check next to his name. It couldn't be him, could it?

I clicked on the account and watched as his face popped up on the screen, over and over.

I checked the time stamps and there were recent pictures.

If his mom ran the account, would it be verified? Why would she be trying to make him famous now? And as I think of it, his mom didn't even care for electronics.

I was in shock. Was Corbyn alive?

To Corbyn Besson
Corbyn???

I dm'd him, and then began looking through his pictures again. There was no way he was alive, was he? I was there when he died. I relived those words the officer said to me everyday for months.

Plus if he was alive, he would have come to me, right?

I scrolled through his photos and stopped on one that had a few dates.

The caption: hey guys I've got a few small shows coming up around California and I wanna see you guys. Tickets are only $10 and almost sold out so come see me perform my covers live!

He couldn't be performing if he was dead.

I looked through the tour dates and saw the closest one to me, and the date was tonight!

I clicked on the link to go to his tickets and my heart broke when I saw that the show was sold out. I even looked through his last two shows of his little tour and saw that they were all sold out too.

I still needed to try and see him. Try and see if he was alive.

I jumped out of bed and got ready because I was going to that concert, one way or another.

"Logan?" I called through the house as I made my way up the stairs.

"Yes?" He turned around on the bar stool and faced me.

"Can I borrow your car?" I asked, figuring he'd probably say no, but Shay wasn't home and my car was currently getting wrapped thanks to a lost bet between Jake and Logan and I.

"Sure, just be careful. That's my baby." He replied to my surprise as he pulled his keys out of his pocket and handed them to me.

"Oh my god thank you thank you thank you!" I squealed as I hugged him tight before running for the front door.

I rushed down to his car and drove through traffic all the way to the place where he would be performing. There were fans lined up out front, and security at the doors, but I was gonna try and sneak in.

I parked the car and then walked back to the concert, walking by all his fans.

"Watch it!" A chick exclaimed as she stepped back into me.

"I..." I began but got caught off by another girl.

"Hey! You're that girl from Corbyns video. The one he dedicated that song to." She pointed out.

"What?" I furrowed me eyebrows. Corbyn had dedicated a song to me?

"Skylar, right?" She asked and I slowly nodded my head.

"Yeah your favorite song The A Team, by ed. He showed that picture of you guys, it's you." She smiled.

"He did?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes. I never saw that video, I didn't go that far back I guess

"Yeah he talked about how much he missed you and how much you impacted his life. He's gonna be so happy to see you." Another girl piped in.

"Well that's the problem. Tickets are sold out, I didn't get one in time." I shrugged.

"That's ok! There's a girl up there that had an extra ticket cause her friend bailed, come on let's go see." The girl exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me down the line.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked as we walked while she searched for the girl.

"Because Corbyn loves you. He said he'd never be able to see you again, but he'd give anything to hug you again. Imagine what he's gonna say when he sees you in his crowd." She replied. "Look! There she is."

He actually said that? Why didn't he come after me then? How is he even alive? This was so much to take in at once.

"Hey do you still have that extra ticket?" The brown hair girl asked the blonde that we had approached.

"I do. $20." She smiled sweetly.

"Awesome, we'll take it." She smiled over at me and then back at the blonde.

I began taking $20 out of my wallet but the brunette stopped me. "I've got it." She whispered.

"Wait, you're that girl. Skylar...right?" The blonde said as she looked up at me.

"Yup that's her." My new friend smiled wide as everyone stood there staring at us.

"You know what, just take it sweetie. It's worth it to see Corbyn happy." She smiled as she handed me the ticket.

"Oh no, it's fine, it's not a lot." I turned her down. They were all being so nice to me.

"Just take it." She smiled. He had some pretty sweet fans.

"Thank you so much..."

"Robin." She replied with her name.

"Robin. You're so kind." I grabbed her hand as I walked away and shoved my $20 into her hand as I walked off.

The brunette, Ashley, or Ash, let me stand in line with her, since she was kinda close to the front and she didn't want me all the way in the back.

We talked a lot while waiting and I discovered that she was a 17 year old senior in high school and she's been following Corbyn for almost a year now.

It wasn't long before they began letting people in the small venue.

I was anxious. Nervous. Worried. Curious. And...upset. It all hit me as it came down to the final minutes. I was near the front, about to see Corbyn, the boy I was told was dead, and now here he is. Why did he fake his death? Why was I lied to? And why didn't he come see me if he really missed me that much?