10

These four chapters will be quite short cos I've got to write them all in 20 minutes.

Jake kissed me on the forehead and cupped my small face, then he said looking serious,
"I will always be here for you. You need me, call me. You scared, call me. You confused or worried, I'll be there. Okay?"
"Okay nugget." We got in the car and drove home...

Jakes POV

When we pulled up to the driveway we were met with Corey and a sad looking devyn. Corey's face was puffy like he'd been crying for hours. Aubrey and I got out the car and Corey ran up to me. We hugged and he squeezed into me tightly, crying into my shoulder.
"Corey, what's up man?" I ask concerned.
"House meeting... now." He manages to say. Devyn hugs Aubrey and sniffles and Aubrey takes her hand and walks inside, looking back at me sadly. I just walk in with Corey slowly trailing behind still crying a little.
When we get into the game room Aaron, Brennen, Colby, Kat and Sam were sat on the chairs and bean bags looking sorry.
"Guys. What's happened."
We usually have an order, where Corey's news goes first, then to Brennen and Colby, then sam and Kat, and then me. Well now me and Aubrey.
We all sit down and when everyone is settled and silent Corey stands.
"This is the worst pain I have ever experienced. Not physically but mentally." He said
Just before he was about to continue he burst out crying and devyn tugged his shirt pulling him down. She stood and held his hand.
She hesitated but then said...
"Navvy, is in the vets. Having a surgery to put a mechanical leg on her back left leg. She got hit by a car and it shattered her leg beyond fixable. The money is almost all of mine and Corey's savings, so we were wondering if you'd all be able to help us pay for it, if we pay you back when we get the money back." She sits and looks at us hopefully.
"I will." Aubrey said. All eyes were on her.
"I mean, I'm not as popular on the internet as you guys, but I know what it's like to struggle for money, and I promised my mother that I'd always help those, in need."
Corey hugs her and everyone else agrees to help in some way or another.