Friends Forever

13 years ago

As you were walking in the park, you sit down with your diary in your hand, writing out how your day was going so far. As you finish the last sentence, a young red-headed boy with a face full of freckles sits next to you on a bench. As you continue to write, he looks at you. "Hello.." the young red headed boy said. "H-hi." You say, closing over your diary. "I'm Jerome." he says, bringing out his hand from his pocket to shake your hand. "Y/N." you say as you shake his hand. "Your Pretty." Jerome says. "Why thank you." you say, blushing.
"I have to go... my mother is expecting me back home soon." You say, lifting up your coat and ribboned hat. "I will see you around!" Jerome shouts.

As you walk into your house, you lift up your coat and hang it on the wooden door. "Mother, I'm home!" you shout, taking your hat off. "Oh Y/N dear! You worried me so much!" Your mother says as she hugs you. "Sorry mother. I think I made a new friend at the park!" You say in a delightful voice. "Oh, that's wonderful, Y/N!" mother says kissing your head. "Now go have a little rest and I will make you some soup. You walk up the stairs, going into your room. As you lift your diary, you see a note slip out of it. "Dear Y/N, I know you may not have expected me to leave this but I'd like to be your friend! I can meet you tommorow at the park! Meet me at 12. Yours sincerely - Jerome.
You fill with excitement. You were going to make your first ever friend. You lay down onto your bed, taking a nap.

                   The next day, 12:00
You grab your coat and your hat, "I'll be back in 2 hours mother!" You shout. You close the door and start to walk to the park. You see Jerome on the bench waiting on you. "Hey Y/N" Jerome says. "Hello Jerome!!" you say waving. Jerome walks up to you and kisses you on the cheek. You blush and smile. "Let's go on the merry go round!" Jerome says. As you play on the merry go round, you end up tripping over a rock and you fall, causing a huge skid of cuts and grazes on your knee. You cry out in pain. "Oh no!" Jerome shouts, lifting his hat.
"Please get my mother!!" You shout. Jerome helps you up, and he helps you walk as your knee drips of blood. As you reach your house, your mother hears screaming. "OH MY GOODNESS! What have you done to her!?" your mother says, yelling at Jerome. "She fell! She fell!" Jerome says nervously with a tear dropping down his cheek. "You stay away from her you hear me young man!" she says. Jerome runs away back home.