chapter four

sabrina decided to go with will when they all split up, considering he was her closest friend in the group. the one who seemed to like her the most.

will peaked his head into a classroom, before speaking into his walkie talkie, "south is clear. lucas? anything?"

sabrina then heard his reply, "nothing here, man."

will sighed and shook his head.

"hey, it's alright. we'll find him." sabrina's words seemed to encourage him enough to grin and nod.

"let's look around more."

~

will and sabrina wandered into a bathroom, the dark-headed girl anxiously looking around the room in hopes to find this supposed creature.

will had gone to the last stall, and sabrina just followed him. he slowly opened the door, to see the creature on the floor next to the toilet making awful noises sabrina wished she'd never heard.

will brought his walkie talkie up to his mouth. "guys.. i found him."

"where?" dustin asked through the contraption.

"in the bathroom by mr. salerno's."

"copy that." sabrina heard mike's voice reply.

"it's okay." will said in an attempt to calm the creature. "i'm not gonna hurt you."

it screeched at him in response, leaving will to drop his walkie talkie and dash out the door. sabrina ran after him.

"will!" she yelled.

he started to breathe heavily, stopping in the hallway. the world seemed to get colder as the lights suddenly started flickering. and then they were both back in the upside down.

they both turned around, seeing that everything was covered in the vines they had previously seen. it was dark, and yet again, cold. "will.." sabrina shivered in fear, terrified out of her mind.

a few seconds later, a tornado-like shadow came in the building, covering the rooms fast. "run!" sabrina screamed, taking will's hand in hers and darting down the halls.

they ran as fast as they possibly could, occasionally looking back to see that the "thing" was chasing them just as fast, maybe even faster.

they burst out the school doors, and onto the field. pure fear filled their features, their actions now purely paced on the fact that they thought they were going to die.

they ran as fast as they could to the back of the field, sabrina's screams echoing in the darkness of the upside down.

will stopped. "will! we have to keep going!" sabrina shouted at him, but he just stood there. he then turned around.

"will! snap out of it!" she screamed and screamed, but it was like he couldn't hear.

they watched as the creature loomed over the school. it screeched, like it was coming to attack.

"will!" sabrina cried, pulling at his arm the best she could, tears streaming down her face.

"you go." he said, almost too calmly in the midst of absolute terror.

"no-no i can't leave without you!" sabrina screamed.

"go." he said sternly.

sabrina sobbed as she ran away, far enough away so that the creature couldn't hurt her.

the creature started to slowly come closer to her new found friend, and he started screaming.

"go away!"

"go away!" his screams getting louder and more intense the closer the creature got to him, his voice shaking with fear.

"go away! go away! go away!" will continued shouting. "go away!"

the creature continued screeching as it kept getting closer and closer. it took will in it's hold, it's tornado-like legs going into his mouth.

sabrina fell on her knees, sobbing as she watched her dear friend struggle to stay alive. the creature kept going and going, it seemed to her as if it would never stop. it started to go into his eyes, all of these leg things until sabrina could no longer see her friend in his eyes.

sabrina was on her knees, sobbing into her hands, hearing the awful noises of will being strangled by this creature.

she felt arms wrap around her. thinking it was the creature, she pushed them off, screaming.

"no! don't touch me! d-don't you dare touch me!" she cried. she started hearing muffled voices until she could start to make them out clearer.

"will! sweetie wake up! it's mom! will, wake up!"

"can you hear me?"

"will please wake up!"

"sabrina, wake up!"

"p-please sabrina!"

hearing her name, she snapped her eyes open to see mike with his arms wrapped around her, sobbing into her.

"m-mike..?" sabrina asked quietly.

he snapped his head up, looking into her eyes before hugging her tightly.

"i t-thought i lost you.. i-i thought you were gone!" he sobbed.

"i'm here." she said, hugging him tighter.

that's when she remembered.

she lightly pushed mike away, running towards her friend who was now out of it.

"w-will!"

she hugged him really tight, and he hugged her back.

"w-what was that?" sabrina asked.

"s-shadow monster." will's voice shook, obviously still terrified from the events beforehand.

"you're okay right? it didn't hurt you?" she said, pulling away to inspect him.

"no no i'm okay." he said reassuringly.

sabrina sighed. "good."

~

this ones a bit short but i didn't know how to continue it so oof

words : 851

10/3/18

- em