The Wedding of Severus Snape

~Hello everyone :) I wanted to take the time to say that while I love all of my readers, this story was written with an older teen/young adult (age 16 and up) audience in mind. The last book may have brought this to your attention ;) however the story will continue to mature in various ways that may touch certain themes with a darker and/or more sexual adult mindset. Keep that in mind and read on if you'd like. ~

       "Isabella Marie Fellstone, I love you more than words or a ring can ever say. I can only hope that you will give me the rest of my life to try to show you exactly what that means...Will you marry me?"

The words rang in my ears as I stood frozen. My heart skipped a beat and I shook myself. Severus was expecting an answer. My chest felt tight which made it difficult to speak, but I managed a husky 'yes.'

Severus stood and pulled me to him.

"You sure work fast," I teased. "I've only just graduated."

Severus pulled back and rolled his eyes. "The point of waiting is to see if two people are compatible. We already know we can handle living together, and your father has given his blessing."

I looked at him sharply.

"Only you would find an advantage to my being passed out earlier," I told him dryly.

"Anything that keeps you quiet and out of my hair is advantageous."

"Says the man that just asked me to marry him," I scoffed pushing away from him with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I really wish you would have reconsidered my offer to use Malfoy Manor," Lucius was saying to Severus with contempt.

"For the hundredth time, Lucius, the offer was appreciated, but this suits all of our needs. Dumbledore was more than willing to lend us the Great Hall for the evening. Besides, you hardly need two Ministry officials snooping about the Manor," Severus responded from inside the Hall. I could just hear him through the thick wooden door that separated us. My heart was pounding and I was on the verge of hyperventilating.

"Don't fret so much," came a rich baritone voice behind me. I turned to the richly dressed Kingsley Shacklebolt and laughed, hating how the nervousness made my voice quiver.

"You've never been a bride," I told him bluntly.

"True. I don't think a dress would be very flattering on me," he replied lightly, "but if you keep shaking like that you're going to pass out."

"Good point. If you can think of a solution I'm all ears."

"As a matter of fact," he reached into his robes and withdrew a small vial, "I have a solution right here. This is a nerve-calming potion that should help. Your father anticipated you might need it and had Severus brew it." He handed the vial to me and I downed its contents in one grateful gulp.

"Thanks; not just for the potion but for agreeing to start the ceremony also."

He modestly inclined his head. "It's no problem for James' daughter."

"Am I being talked about?" my dad asked coming over to us. He was grinning like he had gone completely mad.

"Don't flatter yourself," I told him with a dismissive wave. He pretended to be offended.