two

savannah's pov +

"savannah, it's okay" max told whilst i still tried to grasp the fact that he was standing right before me. "i'm not gonna hurt you, you know i wouldn't".

"get out. now" i sternly replied.

"i just need five minutes, please".

"i'm calling security" i started to reach out for my office phone, but max instantly stopped me.

"no, no, please" he panicked. "just five minutes".

i held back from my actions and realised that the sooner i let him talk, the quicker i can shut him down and make him leave.

he took a deep breath before speaking, "i got out of prison a few years ago and since then i've been attending therapy sessions to get my head straight, and one way that my therapist and i agreed on is apologising for my mistakes".

"how did you even find me?" i blurted out. "i left london, i left everything".

"i have my ways...sorry that sounds creepy" he awkwardly chuckled to brush it off. "you do have a pretty important role in vogue, so it wasn't hard to figure out where you work plus i'm visiting my sister. she lives here now".

even though he tried to explain how he figured out where i was, i was still pretty freaked out and shocked that he was actually here.

the same guy who i thought was one of my closest friends years ago but turned out to be plotting to turn me against my boyfriend.

"it's okay, savannah" he comprehended my frown. "i'm honestly just here to apologise and leave, and you'll never see me again. i promise".

"and you think i can trust you after what you did to jack, and the way you deceived me?".

"jack" max repeated his name with a brief inside chuckle. "how is he?".

"don't act like you care".

"you two are married now right? i figured from the 'savannah gilinsky' name plate on your door".

max's attention soon diverted to a picture sat on my desk of ethan smiling sweetly.

"and you have a child?" his eyebrows raised in surprise. "what's his name?".

i kept quiet, refusing to let my son's name leave his lips.

"come on, savannah. i look better than how i did when you last saw me. i understand that what i did was utter psycho and all i want to do is say that i'm so sorry for the trouble that i caused you, jack and all of your friends and family. it haunts me that i even thought of doing such a thing".

i remained silent as he continued, "you're honestly one of the best friends that i ever had and i wrecked that completely all because of my jealousy and fucked up head. i just need your forgiveness that's all".

i hesitated whilst processing his words in my head before i realised that i was being stupid for giving him the time of day. after everything that he's done to jack and i.

"...no" i finally replied.

"what?".

"no, i don't fucking forgive you. it's been five years but you don't deserve it regardless of the friendship and trust we built and then you broke. so you can get out because i want nothing to do with you, max".