Outside

The outside of the tunnel was a vast wasteland. All of the trees were brown and black and there was no grass, just ash and blackness. The water was a murky green and filled with rubbish and dead body's. There was nothing living." I know it looks bad, the humans did this to the land now they can only live in the maze" Luna spoke slowly, calmly, as if she was used to the stench. "There is a better place". I turned towards her. She was staring ahead. "Do you see that large rock". I squinted into the distance. " Past that is a mountain, over that mountain is paradise. There are real trees and fresh water and there are other dogs and wolves there. The humans can't get us". She started to head over to an open barrel we can rest here for now, we have a long, long journey ahead of us. I padded over to her "Thank you Luna" I whispered softly "For getting me out".She smiled at me and curled her tail round her head. I yawned and lay down next to her. My eyes started to droop. Finally I fell into a deep sleep.

I awoke in a misty dark place. I saw Luna. "Luna", I yelled out to her. She started to run away and I raced after her. I was panting and out of breath. Then suddenly I saw Brutus his teeth white , his eyes red . He started to grow. By the time he had stopped he was over 20x as big as he used to be. His jaws opened showing cogs and springs and chips. I looked behind him. On the floor was a white dog there neck stained with blood, my eyes widened but before I could yowl I started falling. I saw the ground, my paws were flailing around. Then suddenly, just before I touched the ground I saw it. I saw the mountain.

I jumped up with a start I was sweating, Luna was cowered over me, a concerned look on her face. I snapped back to reality "I'm fine.... just a dream". Luna turned towards the blacked trees that looked like it used to be a forest."That's the way we must head, Nook are you ready to go?" I turned around and looked back at the place where the tunnel had led us out. A bit further back from that was the maze. The maze looked clean compared to the outside world. I turned back to Luna, "Yeah I'm ready ". Luna started to pad towards the forest. I let out a sigh, this was going to be a long long walk...

Meanwhile back at the M.A.Z.E HQ Brutus was pacing up and down the hall. He felt no pain but not getting a job don't really put him and his creator in a very bad mood. The large metal doors opened and Brutus slowly, walked inside. Waiting for him there was the General of Army and Restraining operations.Dedogs were part of both. "Ah Brutus how are you this morning got rid of those pesky, rebellious towns people I hope..." Brutus eyes fixed on the General "Yes sir they were removed from the maze and were tortured as inhumanly as possible". The General looked down at Brutus, his eyes ice cold " Brutus, is it true what 1158 was telling me, you let the 86% and the 50% wolves get away hmm?" Brutus's voice was strong but inside he felt like he was going to self destruct ."Well then your going to need an upgrade if your going to find them". The General grinned with anticipation " There are the new ultra sonic sound sensors and the ultra powerful scent detector Dr Atorio has been working on, I think you will, find them quite useful on your journey. Got to the lab now and get them fitted." Brutus turned and headed off. " Oh and Brutus". Brutus turned back to him. " Don't hesitate to kill what you find out there.." Brutus nodded and left. The General turned to the part manufacturer, his smile full of pure hatred...