Part 1

"Is that Gabriel Coleman?" My friend Karen whispered in my ear during Registration. I shook my head, frowning at the evil glee in her tone.

"No, he and that group left years ago, remember?"

"Just look."

"No."

"Come on Sang, you know you want to-just look!" She grabbed my shoulders, and I withheld a flinch as she nailed the bruise I'd received last night. I resisted, reaching up to scratch the side of my nose with my middle finger. She sighed. "Come on Sang!" I growled, spinning to look just to get her to shut up.

My eyes scanned the crowd, and I didn't see him. Or his damn crystal blue eyes. "See? Not-" I cut off mid sentence, my eyes locking with electric blue ones. He was here. I was flashed back to the last day on the playground in elementary school, the last day I saw him and his friends.

"Trouble, those shoes don't freaking match that dress!"

"Oh yeah? I don't care."

"I freaking do!"

"You said a bad word, TWICE!" I shrieked back, pointing at him as I clambered up the slide. Luke dangled from above, laughing at our antics, while Gabriel fumed below struggling to follow me.

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did, teachers gonna get you!"

"TROUBLE! GET BACK HERE!" He shouted, seeing what I was waving in my hand-his sketch pad. I giggled, scrambling higher and waiting for him to get almost all the way to me before I dropped straight to the ground, bending my knees and rolling-like the ninja Luke called me.

"Neener neener neener!" I blew a rassberry at him, dashing into the trees before he could finish climbing down.

I still had that sketch pad in the bottom of my closet. I'd meant to slip it into his bag the next day when he wasn't looking, seeing as I didn't really mean to steal it, but he'd been gone. Along with Kota, Nathan, Victor, and Luke.

"Is it him?" I blinked at Karen, tearing my eyes from the boy who was still staring at me. Now a young man, and much handsomer than I remembered-his slender build barely a head taller than me, his shoulders filled out, his brown hair containing two blond streaks that framed his face. Piercings glinted in his ear. I turned my back on him.

"I don't know."

"Liar."

Gabriel's POV

"Hey Gabriel, isn't that your girlfriend from Elementary school?" Luke hissed in my ear, jostling me playfully.

"I didn't have a fucking girlfriend, never fucking have." I groused, hating that we were still standing in this line. I focused on the sketch in front of me, a landscape with lighting, letting Silas's hand on the nape of my neck guide me as we walked to Mr. B's office.

"Okay fine, Sang wasn't your girlfriend." I froze, she was here? Fucking shit fuck damn fuck-

"Oh her?" I managed to sound uncaring. That girl got under my nerves like no other, yet when she was suddenly gone.... I missed her fire, and that damn blasted hair.... But fuck she drove me crazy.

"Just look Gabe."

I glanced up, and my eyes met dark green, haunted eyes that had never quite faded from memory. Her blond hair hung down passed her elbows, pulled over one shoulder. She wore ripped jeans and a loose hoody that fell passed her butt paired with converse, and a shocked expression on her beautiful face. Her lips were full, pouty, her eyes large, her nose delicate-I wondered what shades I'd use to paint her before those eyes narrowed on me and she turned away.