Part 2

Ten whole minutes. That's how long before a foot bumped into mine. I glanced around, still running the math problem through my head, but no one was looking at me, so I went back to my problem. Another tap. I looked up again. Nothing. Another. I jerked my feet back under my chair, sighing, hoping I wasn't in anyone's way. There was shuffling under the table, but no one looked up, and a few more minutes passed. Then someone kicked my chair.

"Oh my fucking golly!" I ripped a page out of my notebook, wadded it up and chucked it at Gabriel's head. No I didn't know for sure if it was him, but I could not deal with this! It hit him square between the eyes.

"Sang!" Kota snapped.

"What the fuck?!" Gabriel snapped, jerking upright.

"Gabe!" Kota really should give up now-and by the way he was rubbing the bridge of his nose? He was thinking the same thing.

"Stop fucking kicking my chair!"

"Don't you fucking cuss at me!"

"So it was you kicking the shit out of my chair!"

"I didn't say that!"

"You didn't deny it!" Our voices were low, snapping, harsh-but I was about ready to hit my book over his thick ass skull.

"Doesn't mean I fucking did it, Trouble!"

"Fuck you Meanie!"

"Stop fucking cussing at me!"

"I'll stop fucking cussing when you stop fucking cussing!"

"Wow, I think this is the most interesting type of flirting I've ever seen." A cheerful voice broke through our angry bubble-I'd forgotten we had an audience, but I wasn't sorry. Both of us snapped our gazes to Luke, glaring.

"I'm not fucking flirting with her!" Gabriel snapped, at the same time as I said "I wouldn't touch him if you fucking paid me!" We both glared at each other. His lips were full and slightly parted, his electric blue eyes snapping with irritation, and I felt a smile pull at my lips.

"You're so easy to rile up." I couldn't help it. I had enjoyed that. And it would piss him off more. Except it didn't. Something flashed through his eyes, then he sighed and just sat back, exasperated.

"You're easier. All I did was nudge your chair once or twice on accident."

"But you took the bate."

"You took it first."

"No, I didn't-you did when I chucked the paper at your head."

"Trouble-"

"Meanie!"

We starred. I would not break I would not break I would not break-a hand shoved my head down at the same time as Kota did for Meanie Butt-face, breaking our starring contest.

"Enough. Both of you, for Pete's sake you're eighteen! Act like it!" Kota's voice was irritated, commanding, but also with an edge of tiredness-like he knew this was a loosing battle.

"Don't touch the hair." Gabriel growled, and I brushed away the arm behind me.

"Fuck off, y'all aren't in charge of me."

"Stop. Cussing!" Gabriel growled. I pursed my lips, humming.

"What, you mean saying fuck? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. I can mix it up, too-I've got a whole string of 'em memorized. Fuckitty fuck fuckerson, motherfucking son of a cocklicking son of a gosh damned motherfucking-"

"Miss Sorenson!"

"Yes?" I turned my innocently blank face to the teacher, smiling sweetly. There were coughs around the table, poorly disguised laughter at my seeming innocence.

"I let it slide the first few times I heard words from that table, but that is completely unacceptable! Go to the office."

"What you mean saying fuck is bad in class?" Gabe chimed in. I blinked at him-what was he doing? Kota sighed. Luke laughed, not even trying to hide it this time.

"Mr. Coleman!"

"You mean fucker is a bad word to? And that last one she said-motherfucking son of a co-"

"MR. COLEMAN!" She yelled, gathering the attention of all of the students.

"I'll text Mr. B. You're both getting detention." Kota muttered, glaring at us both before pulling his phone out under the table and typing away. Who was Mr. B?

"You will BOTH go to the office THIS INSTANT! There WILL be detention for you! And you will remain in the office with whoever is supervising the rest of this period! Clearly you can not be trusted to be studying quietly." She glared, waiting for us to pack our stuff.

"Nice going Meanie."

"You started it Trouble."

"Was this part of back then too?" Silas rumbled, looking to Kota over my head as though I hadn't even spoken. Kota nodded. It was-we ended in detention a lot together, and I tried to make it seem like it didn't touch me that even that hadn't changed.... I hoped they didn't call mom. Not that she would answer the phone anyway-was the phone even hooked up? I didn't think it was yet. I'd have to see if I could catch dad between business trips again.

"Aggelle Mou?" North grunted at Silas's nickname, glaring at him briefly before going back to his homework, the whole incident not having effected him in the slightest.

"Yes Silas?" I shot him a small smile, finishing up and putting my bag over my shoulder-lightly, remembering my bruises this time. Thank heavens. It still hurt though.

"You got lost in your head there for a moment. Don't worry about detention, Kota will handle it."

"I'm not worried, I haven't had a detention in years-I can handle one."

"You mean without Gabe here you don't get them? You're actually a good student?!" Luke clasped his hands to his chest and leaned back in his chair, feigning shock. I smiled sheepishly, shrugging, then regretting the movement as my bag grated on my bruises. The teacher cleared her throat, shooting a meaningful glance at us, the door, and back again. Right. We were going to the office..... Shit.