Prologue:

"Miss, we've landed." A gentle voice says, jolting me from my slumber. I shift my head, shrugging my shoulders with a yawn. The whole plane has been emptied, and of course I'm the last one, how embarrassing. I notice the uniform she's wearing, indicating that she's a flight attendant, probably not a little over 23. I give her a warm smile before jogging off the plane and into busy LAX. I run over to the bag collection, I find my bag and pull it from the conveyor belt. I step back and cover my mouth as another yawn escapes my chapped lips, my eyelids threatening to close. I'm so tired, why in the world did I have to catch the earliest flight? Guess the 'rents wanted me gone as soon as possible. Assholes.

"Alice?"

I look around, my eyes only to be met with those of my cousin, Ashley. Mom and Zak have shipped me off to live with Ashley to pretty much get my shit together. Pathetic, they can't handle their daughter (or step-daughter, in Zak's case) so they send her to live with her cousin, whose possibly the worst influence I've ever had. I sigh, shaking my head as Ashley takes my bag and walks towards the large automatic doors.

Ashley makes several attempts to spark a conversation between us whilst driving through the busy streets of Los Angeles. I roll my eyes and look out the window, my chin resting on my folded arms. I sigh, closing my eyes.

"Alice, wake up." Ashley shakes my body, I move my body over and fling my hand backward. "Ow," Ashley retaliates, I open my eyes and smile. He has one hand cupping his cheek as it turns into a rosy colour. I get out of the car and walk towards the door, the sounds of claws scratching against wood becoming more prominent.

"Yeah, yeah." Ash mutters, my rucksack dumped on the ground as he shoves his hands in each of his pockets until a set of keys comes out. He unlocks the door and leads me inside.

I guess this is where I devise my plan to get the hell out of here.