Chapter One

"Alice!"

"What?" I retaliate, resting my shoulders against the brick wall with a cigarette in hand. A smirk strewn onto my lips as the look on my cousin's face shortly changes into an expression of confusion, his brown eyes glaring daggers at the lit cigarette between my fingers.

"Stop, now." Ashley growls, intent vigilante as he takes the cigarette from my fingers and throws it on the ground, crushing it with his heavy boots. "As soon as we get home, I'm raiding your room." He states, "This is going to be harder than I thought." He mutters under his breath, running his fingers through his long locks of hair.

"Oh don't worry," I smile, "I'll be out of your way soon enough." 

"Whatever," He shrugs his shoulders, "Let's go." 

I roll my eyes, following him back to his truck, pulling faces behind his back. Dear god he's so annoying, out of all my cousins, why would Mom have thought that Ashley might be better than intervention. No, I think I'd actually rather go to a shrink and talk about my addiction compared to staying with my cousin until I get my shit together.

"Why did you agree to taking me anyway?" I question, hopping inside the truck. I've been here a week and I already want to leave. I miss home, I miss hanging out with people who actually understand me and my hatred for both my biological father and step-father who has been nothing more than a pain in the ass to me over the last couple of years. 

"Would you prefer talking to someone who doesn't know a thing about you? Because that can be surely arranged." Ashley snaps back.

"Whatever," I say, step-back by his remark. I slip on my seat belt, getting in a comfortable position so that my feet rest on the dashboard. I should probably note that my cousin is in a well-known band called "Black Veil Brides", what a lame ass name but whatever I guess. I'm not really into their stuff, but they're pretty okay. I still prefer Motley Crue over them.

I fish out my phone from the back pocket of my jeans and scroll through my facebook feed. It's mostly clogged up with posts that I've been tagged in, everyone's apparently missing me and want me back as soon as possible. Most people must've been throwing parties, but none of their parties can ever compare to the ones I would throw. There'd be so much alcohol, pretty much anyway could bring anything they wanted to the parties; they were pretty fucking insane and a few times the cops were called which resulted in me and a few other people getting arrested for under-age drinking.

I throw my head back against the chair and sigh, "How long am I here for?" I posed. 

"Until you get your shit together and these addictions of yours are non-existent," Ashley replies in a bored tone. So he must be getting sick of me as well, go figure.