Myrtle Beach Next Right - Chp 2

We're stopped in traffic on the highway that runs into Myrtle Beach. It always takes forever once you get this close.

"Soo Bren, you gonna find you a man while we're down here? Wink wink" Sam says from the backseat.

"Definitley not."

"Come on, you're not gonna let some fuck boy pick you up on the strip?!" She laughs loudly.

"Totally!" I say rolling my eyes jokingly.

"Oh oh oh Myrtle Beach next right!" Monica screeches.

"Yessss I'm so ready to get out of this carrrr!!" I complain. "Hey let me see the aux."

She hands it to me and I plug it into my phone, knowing exactly what I'm looking for. As we turn onto the grand strand, or what most of us call "the strip", I crank up the radio as Sonny Ledford starts pouring out of the speakers.

I roll all the windows down, letting our hair blow in the wind as we all sing together as loud as we can.

"Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, I love motha fuckin Myrtle Beach!"

We cruise the strip, checking out hot guys in nice trucks until we reach our hotel. The girls stay in the car while I check in. Then we head up to our room.

It really is gorgeous, marble countertops, glass showers, jacuzzi tub, full kitchen, dining room table, 55" tvs, king size beds, and two balconys overlooking the ocean and the strip from the 15th floor. Theres even a monkey made from towels hanging on the shower door and mints on the pillows. I would live here if I could.

Flopping down on the bed I groan loudly, "sooo tired, lets take a nap!"

"Oh hell nah girl it's only 3:00 in the afternoon we gonna go out on the beach, then go eat and thennnn we gonna get cute an go strut our stuff on the strip tonight!" Says Monica.

I glare at her, "yayyyy." I say sarcastically.

"Oh shut up and put your bikini on."

"Fine."

I grab my bikini out of my bag and put it on. It has black bottoms that are the "cheeky" style where just a little of your butt cheeks hangout, and the top is the kind that reaches up to your neck like a sports bra, its black and white striped with a cute geometric pattern on the center, its my favorite one. "Ready."

We head out to the beach and sit our stuff down. I walk into the ocean about waist deep for a few minutes then go back to shore, spread my towel out and lay down. I love the ocean but I'm not a fan of being in it. Something about not being able to see through it freaks me out.

...

"Brenna wake up." I hear Sam say.

"Huh? How long have I been asleep?" I ask her.

"Long enough for your face to be pink." She chuckles.

"Awesome." I roll my eyes and get up, picking my stuff up.

We go to Drafts, the restaurant/bar thats down stairs in our hotel. They actually have really good food. When we're done eating its about 7:00 so we decide to go upstairs and get ready to go out.

We all shower off the sand and saltwater. Monica and Sam take forever doing their hair and make up while I watch tv. I let my hair air dry so it has its natural beachy wave look and put some mascara on. "Yall done yet? Geeez!" I yell at them. "Theres nothing on and I'm getting bored."

They walk out of the bathroom together glaring at me, " yes jerk we're ready, sorry we don't all look naturally pretty without any effort." Monica says.