How You Met Alfred

Depending on your gender or clothing preferences, these are the outfits you might be wearing during this story! c:

Most students would think that parent-teacher evenings are only uncomfortable if you're a student, but in many cases it is also very uncomfortable for the teacher. You shook your head as you remembered that today was one of those days. You would have to face at least twenty parents tonight,and they would mostly just nod and accept whatever it was you had to say, but you could recall quite a few exceptions to that rule from last term.

Teaching at Gotham's 'School of the Rich and Talented' wasn't all good. Sure, you got a few hundred bucks more per month than your average teacher, but on the downside of things you had to face arrogant students and parents and would regularly be threatened by either of them to a) get fired because 'do you know how much money we put into sponsoring this school?' or b) get threatened to lose something you value (Property,family, your own life. You've heard it all). It was always a gamble.

There was one thing you were quite curious about concerning today's evening though. Bruce Wayne, Gotham's richest kid, would attend the meeting. It is common knowledge that Bruce is an orphan, so you were very interested in finding out who would accompany the young man. It wouldn't be too uncomfortable for the Wayne boy's carer to hear whatever it was you had to say. The grades he had were in a good range, they dropped a little recently, but that certainly wasn't a reason for any worry.The only problem you would have to discuss with them would be the bullying. That poor kid didn't have many friends, and you had to call some students out on saying hurtful things or being violent towards him on occasions. The other teachers never seemed to mind that much,but you didn't want to just stand there and watch. You knew how badly bullying could hurt.

The bell rang, and thus the last lesson of the day was over. In order to mentally prepare for the meeting you decided to go to the staff room and grab a cup of tea and check for something edible. Most of the other teachers were already bickering about what had happened so far today and exchanged the newest gossip about their students, eating the chocolate cake one of them had baked.

"Liv, this cake is lush. (Y/N), you should have some! Seeing the Wayne boy tonight,aren't you?" Dave, the maths teacher, was always one to strike up conversation with you, even though most others decided they didn't want to. The two of you chatted about each others' day, the cake,students, and your lovely yellow and navy outfit for the day. It had just the right amount of conservative and creative touches to be according to the school's dress code.

As the clock struck four you were back in your classroom, sitting behind your desk with another cup of tea. The first dozen of parents went alright, with you telling parents what might improve their kid's marks and if there were any behavioural issues that needed to be addressed. 5:30 came quickly, and you were excited. It was time for the Wayne appointment.The young man knocked on the door and entered with a genuine smile.You were his favourite teacher.

"Good afternoon Miss/Mr (Y/N)." Bruce sat down in front of your desk, smiling.

"It's nice to see you looking so content, Bruce." You smiled as well. It was rare to see him like that, to see him smiling or even the slightest bit happy at all.

"Young Master Bruce seems quite fond of your lessons, Miss/Mr. I hope he's no trouble in class?" The accent had you confused for a second. You hadn't heard someone speak like that since you came back from Bristol to work in Gotham three years ago.

"Oh not at all,there is one issue I would like to address though." You shook theman's hand. He was quite handsome for his age, with a stern yet mischievous look on it.

You explained the matter to him, allowing him to tell Bruce that his grades definitely needed improvement.

"I'm happy to know that there is at least one member of staff who cares about Master Bruce. I'm glad you've reported this issue even though I already knew. Please, do keep me updated if anything alike should happen again or if the boy gets himself into trouble. Would it break any safeguarding rules if I left you my phone number?"

He wrote into the notebook you had reserved for this class, and you said your goodbyes.

Would it be morally questionable to get the boy into a little bit of trouble just to hear his voice again?