Chapter 26

THIS IS GOING TO BE A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER OKAY I'M REALLY SORRY DUDES. FEEDBACK, VOTING AND THAT STUFF HELPS A LOT SO PLEASE DO IT :) ENJOY --

<< Scarlett's p.o.v >>

I groan for the- what, tenth time today? Janice hasn't came back yet and I need an update on Niall.

Earlier she came to talk to me about Liam and the talk didn't go very well. It consisted of me whining, asking why they had to turn him into a different kind which she replied with an 'it seemed necessary at the moment'.

I told her to have a talk with him about me and she agreed to refresh some of his memory, or at least the only memories he made after I entered his life, or his past life. God I dont even know what to call this. Amnesia? Fugue? Stupor?

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. This is impossible. Niall could be around here anywhere, most likely not even that far- but I seriously don't need myself getting into anymore trouble. I've done enough of that lately. (maybe even too much) I guess I'm a troublemaker, or whatever you want to call it. Niall would definitely agree. He'd probably laugh and high five me for admitting it, with his little leprechaun hands, ten times smaller than Zayn's.

oh, Zayn.

I say it again and again in my head until I am saying it out loud.

"Zayn," I say firmly.

Janice comes back with a somewhat smile on her face. I could barely see it. It's just a slight curve upwards of her lips. Not much, but it's there. I can feel it.

"Who were you just calling?" She asks, her smile fading away slowly.

Before I open my mouth to try to speak she steps back and points at me. "You weren't calling for the dogs, we're you?" There's edge to her voice again. I shake my head confidently. Don't even know where those suckers are.

"Who were you calling for then?" Her voice rises just a notch, a small vein popping out of her forehead, yet she still looks gorgeous. This is the damn problem, everyone looks so damn good and I always look like a soaked gym sock- not to mention I probably smell like one too.

I bite my lip. "My dead friend?" Janice looks at me, her eyes creasing for a moment. "Really?" Her tone of voice is gentle this time, surprising me. "Bloody hell, Scarlett. I'm confused as fuck, but tell you what- I've heard enough to know that you aren't a dog, you are not a vampire, but you're not flipping human either. Anyone could tell." I raise my brow at her, what is that supposed to mean then?

"So what am I?" I laugh a little. "Next thing you're gonna tell me is that I'm some foreign alien." Before I can control myself, an unappealing snort comes out of my mouth.

Janice looks at me, then at Liam who is talking to another vampire.

"Something like that"

●●●

Niall, too, was fed.

Even though Liam doesn't recognize me at all, I can still get him to do things for me like give me updates on Niall, some extra water and small things like that. Although he's lost most of his old charm, he's still way nicer than everyone else here, always has been the nicest.

He's still Liam no matter what he thinks. But for his sake, I won't be all in his face about him being Liam and not Ian. They only announced that he was Ian recently and here I come, out of nowhere- telling him that he's someone else. I might as well cut him some slack. He probably had some things in his head that he was glad to forget from being Liam.