In Which the Author is Very Sorry

(Warning! Kind of Graphic Major Character Death! I'm sorry, please don't hate me! Love you guys!)

Three of us turned around, the other two kept an eye on E. Thomas. When we turned we saw Vengeance with an unconscious Thomas slung over his shoulder. The mere sight of Vengeance made me nauseous, but the fact that I had forgotten about him made me angry. His presence obviously angered the others as Roman and Patton drew their weapons upon seeing him.

Roman raised his sword and pointed it at Vengeance, trying to threaten him, “Unhand him, you fiend!” He commanded, trying to sound powerful. Unfortunately he didn't appear threatening to Vengeance at all, the only thing Roman managed to do was make Vengeance laugh.

“Alright, take him,” He threw Thomas towards us and we watched as he hit the floor next to Patton, who immediately started trying to wake Thomas up, “it won't make a difference.” Vengeance told us, “With or without him you're still going to lose this battle.”

“Think again!” Logan yelled, still keeping E.Thomas in his line of sight, “You’ll soon be outnumbered six against two! We have a 75% chance of success while you only have a 25% chance.”

“And what says we won't go against the odds?” I heard E.Thomas ask, “Is it your idea that the good guys always have to win? The idea that the power of friendship can overcome anything?”

“The power of friendship CAN overcome anything!” Patton snapped, obviously insulted by E.Thomas’ mocking tone.

E.Thomas laughed, “Please! I thought we were all adults here. Only stupid children would still believe in the idiotic “power of friendship” cliche.”

Everyone went silent at that point, even when Thomas woke up none of us said a word. The atmosphere was tense as we all tried to mentally prepare ourselves for the upcoming battle. For what felt like an eternity nobody made a move, everything was still and quiet. The stillness ended when E.Thomas moved to Vengeance’s side, causing all of us to face in the same direction, but we were soon back in the same quiet stillness as before. After more agonizing waiting someone finally made a move; that move made all hell break loose though.

“Let's just get this over with!” E.Thomas finally snapped, and a sword that resembled a dark version of Roman’s appeared in his hand. A split second after it appeared he threw it with inhuman strength. It took too much time for any of us to realize that the sword was heading directly for our Thomas. I was the only one with reflexes fast enough to react in time; I sprinted and got in front of Thomas, protecting him from the projectile sword. Before my mind could comprehend what happened the blade went clean through me, stopping at the hilt. The sword had missed my heart, and instead punctured my lung. It didn't matter where it hit me though; I was dead no matter what, but at least I had time to get a few words out before I died.

“Guys,” My voice came out strained and choked as blood filled my injured lung and throat, “I'm sorry… for all of this… I'm sorry… that I'm going to leave before I can help clean up my mess..” I gathered the air and strength to continue while everyone was still too distracted to interrupt me, “Patton.. Roman.. Logan.. Thomas, I love you guys.. and Deceit… I don't hate you..” Black spots began to dance in my vision and I knew I had to get the rest of my monologue out quick, “Don't feel guilty… I'm dying doing what I've always wanted to do… I'm dying protecting Thomas…” I smiled bitterly, “This is.. my dying wish.. I want you guys to kill my mistakes and get out of here alive… honor my wish… please.” The last thing I felt was my limp body hitting the floor.