Chapter 1 - Bad Boys Gang

Re-writing (13/10/21)

Chapter 1 - Bad Boys Gang

Morning arrives quickly and realisation hits me. The first thing that comes to mind is my mom and dad. It has been exactly a year since they left me. A year since I started to fight.

Why do I fight? Well I fight to protect myself, and show I'm not weak. Each day after school I go to the underground fighting ring and train. Sometimes I fight in championships, but other times I just go for training.

I live with several other kids in an orphanage. I absolutely love all the children, but the child that I adore most is Charlie.

Charlie is a little 7 year old boy who has short, blond, sandy hair with blue eyes. His story is different.
His mother died giving birth to him and his father committed suicide when Charlie turned 5. Not a day goes past where Charlie and I don't hang out. He is like the brother I've never had.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my bedroom door creek open. A small shadow cast my bedroom floor. I hear little footsteps patting their way over to me. Pulling my bedsheets down, I tilt my head up peeking out over my bed sheets to see sparkling blue eyes, staring widely at me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!" Charlie voice booms through the air.

I open out my arms and wrap them around his small body giving him a bear hug.

"Thank you so much Charlie Bear!!" He hugs me back.

If there was anybody that could cheer me up it would definitely be Charlie. His cute baby voice and cheerful vibes always bring a smile to my face.

"Mia, do you have to go to school today? I don't want to stay at home with the other kids they don't like me and they never play with me" I look into Charlie's eyes and can see a flash of hurt go through them.

He often told me about how nobody in the orphanage played with him. A pang of sadness runs through me as I hate the feeling of leaving Charlie.

"Charlie. I know you want me to stay but I have to go to school. I will try to be back early today so when I get back we can have ice cream and watch Disney movies, Okay? And try to talk to the other kids. You know Olivia is nice talk to her." I respond softly then get up and walk to my wardrobe, opening to pick out todays outfit.

"Okay but we have to eat ice cream! With sprinkles! Also Olivia is a girl. Girls have cooties!" Charlie exclaims as he jumps of the bed and heads out the room.

I chuckle lightly to myself at how quickly his mood changed.

Walking over to my bathroom I turn on the shower and step inside. Knowing I only have 40 minutes till I have to leave for school, I quickly wash my hair with my favourite strawberry shampoo as well as scrubbing my body down. After my shower I put on my grey hoodie along with a matching pair of sweats.

I know it's not a great outfit but after I had been taken in from Mary-Anne I grew out of my clothes. I never had enough money to buy anything for myself, of course I have a lot of money for fighting but I promised my self to keep that aside for University and other useful things rather than clothes that I already have. Mary-Anne kindly offered to take me shopping, l however refused to let her spend anymore money on me when she had already done enough. I add a few bracelets and my favourite necklace which has an infinity sign and engraved are the words Mom and Dad. I kissed the necklace then tuck it under my hoddie. Lastly I put on some conceler just to cover the bags under my eyes from sleepless nights.

I decide to leave my hair out naturally frizzy and pin my fringe back into a quiff.

When I have finished getting ready I grab my phone from my bedside table and skip down stairs. I sigh softly as I feel the familiar pain in my muscles from working out last night.