Prologue

• Elvira • 

• Elvira • 

I'm being hypnotized by the beautiful scenery, for sure. No doubt about it. I take out my Nikon camera and start shooting the scenery before me. The smooth dessert, going on for miles. The feeling of peace that comes with it, but also a hint of death. So beautiful and deadly at the same time. Dangers lurking around in the tiny corners and the hot, all betraying  sun.

"Watch it lady, are you crazy?!" Shocked I look up from my camera. "Fuck" I mutter when I realize I actually stepped out of my car to take the pictures. In the middle of the fucking road. 

I sigh and run my fingers through my thick curls, trying to contain them while they flow in all  directions because of the warm breeze. I get back into my brand new metallic black Ford Mustang Fastback 2017. I named her BB, my firstborn child. I'm not very original with names but she reminded me of the horse in Black Beauty. I loved that movie as a child. 

I start the engine and speed over the highway. On my way towards a new adventure.

••••••

My adventure has been postponed. I repeat: my adventure has been postponed. It really is just like me to forget to check if I have enough fuel in my tank to keep going. I was lucky enough to "crash" near a small town and was able to make my way to a tank station. 

Walking inside, I take a moment to enjoy the heavenly feeling of the air-conditioning and spread my arms. People look at me weirdly but i'm used to it. I'm in heaven, the cool air calming my hot, sweaty skin. 

After a moment I walk up to the counter and start talking, which is always a bad thing.

"So um, i kinda crashed and I need gas. But I don't have a gas can since I just bought this car and forgot to put one in when I hit the road and now i'm in a bad situation as you can see and uhm, would you mind lending one to me. Promise I will bring it back, promise. I will even pay you. Wait! Do you have then on sale or something?  Can I just buy one? That would be better right? So uhh how much do you sell them fo-" "Lady just take it. Don't bother returning them, god damn" the man behind the counter tells me, throwing me a bright red gas can.

"Thank you so much sir but are you sure that-" "Please, just stop talking. You are holding up the line."

With a guilty glance I look behind me and see 5 angry pairs of eyes glaring at me. " Sorry" I whisper and slowly make my way out of the tank station. 

One of my biggest "flaws" is my ability to talk someone to death. Especially when i'm nervous. Problem is? I'm always nervous around people. People might assume i'm a very outgoing person because I never stop talking but in reality, its the other way around. I'm shy and prefer to hide behind my camera lens. 

Sadly life doesn't work that way. 

••••••

A/N if you're not reading the first book "Mayhem" of this series you may not know, but I will only post the prologue for now. When the first, second, third and fourth book of this series is finished, I will continue with this one.