1; this is ridiculous

TRACK 1
Laughing On The Outside
Bernadette Caroll

🍓

[ EDITED: 05/05/19 ]

Draco Malfoy glanced at the ever-so-slow clock that hung dryly on a stone wall, allowing a smug smirk to flicker its way on his lips as he did so. Two minutes left of class. There was absolutely no way he would have time to take part in the lesson and face his Boggart; his greatest fear. He allowed his tense shoulders to relax, unclasping his once skittish hands and letting them fall to the side.

The classroom smelled of damp carpet and overgrown grass, even though all plants located in that room were long dead.

The white-blond took a heaving breath, which caught the attention of a messy-haired boy who snapped his head around to glare at Draco, eyeing him up suspiciously. Harry Potter commonly shot dirty looks at his rival, dark scowls that engraved holes deep into Draco's mind, albeit the latter would never admit to that willingly.

The boy's green eyes stuck on the blond like moths to a flame, a look of pure malice in those smooth, grassy plains. If looks could kill, Draco would've dropped dead then and there, but by now the blond was used to such horrid scowls that brought a wave of utter hatred along with them.

"Is there something on my face, Potter?"  Draco whisper-snarled, widening his eyes and shaking his head quickly at said boy, enunciating the last word for added sting. Harry shot him one last grimace before turning back to Professor Higson.

"Ronald Weasley, you're up-" the teacher began before the sound of someone retching and gagging cut him off. Draco turned towards the source of the noise, involuntarily bursting out into venomous laughter upon seeing Ron in tears, a heaving lurch of the ginger's stomach causing a small mouthful of bile to dribble from his quivering lips into a pool of rancid vomit that lay splattered across the floor.

"Ate something out of the bins again?" Draco jeered, gaining a choir of laughter from his fellow Slytherin's and a few others dotted about the classroom. Harry growled and the blond shut his mouth, not wanting to embark in an unsolicited argument with such diminished energy levels.

Professor Higson sighed once Ron had finished spewing up his breakfast, pointing towards the door in a silent command to send him to the hospital wing. The youth seemed to understand, sheepishly shuffling out of the classroom with his tail between his legs. With a flick of Higson's wand and a simple charm, muttered so quietly it seemed almost incoherent to the remaining students, the sick had vanished.

Draco bore an expression of utter dismay as he realised he was next in line.

"Malfoy, your turn." Professor Higson exhaled heavily, slumping down in his chair. The blond boy gripped his wand tightly until his knuckles turned an achromatic white. His entire face drained of all colour and his mouth hung ever-so-slightly ajar.

"Your Boggart's not even out yet! What, are you scared of the closet?" Harry sneered, earning a ripple of giggles to emit from the class. The blond shot a look of animosity from under his curtained bangs at the green-eyed boy. He deserved that stab after insulting Weasley, but that didn't mean it irritated him any less.

"Sir, I don't feel well," Draco muttered in a brash attempt to avoid facing his Boggart, "I think Weasley infected me with something." He then began clutching his stomach and feigning sick noises, resembling how pale Ron appeared just moments before — without much effort as his skin seemed to glow a shade of grey recently.