6; second home

TRACK 6
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Queen

🍓

(an: i'll be doing capitals from now on because i need to remember to do them in school work whoops)

"Is the back of Draco's head more important than my lesson, Potter?" A harsh voice drawled, belonging to a greasy-haired man with a hooked nose. Harry's grassy, green eyes flickered towards Professor Snape — a scowl instinctively plastered on his youthful face as he grimaced at the plethora of eyes that had turned on him. He knew the pale, blue orbs that belonged to Draco Malfoy were burning into his cheek, but he didn't dare turn away from Snape.
'Probably not more important, but it's definitely more interesting.' Harry thought, shooting daggers at the professor whilst keeping his mouth shut.
"Sorry, Sir." he muttered, turning back to his desk.
"Ten point from Gryffindor for talking back." And with a boisterous sigh from the Gryffindor students and a choir of chuckles from every other house, the lesson began.

Potions class always seemed to drag, and it didn't help that Professor Snape would loudly inform everybody whenever Harry so much as glimpsed at anything but his work. Besides from the rough start, the lesson seemed to run much like every other, until a heavy hand crashed down onto the desk someway to the right of Harry — causing a terrible slap that reverberated around the classroom as skin met waxy wood. The brunet's head almost immediately whipped round to where the sound had originated — much like everybody else.

Draco Malfoy was panting as if he had just run a marathon, eyes wide with dark bags underneath them. His chest heaved and Harry could swear he saw the blond's heart thumping through his ribs. Snape's hand was implanted firmly on a spot beside Draco and veins popped through his skin.
"Sleeping in my lesson, Draco?" The black-haired man hissed, lips curling with fury.
"No, I was just resting my eyes, professor." Malfoy spat back almost as viscously. Hermione gasped relatively loudly as Ron stifled a hearty laugh. Harry knew the ginger was anticipating the punishment Draco would receive for that remark.
"My office. Now." Snape growled, almost like a wolf, as he pointed towards the door.
"Gladly!" The blond huffed and puffed as he swung his legs off his chair, snatching his satchel from the floor and thundered towards the door — leaving a path of everybody else's work sheets as a gust of wind followed his cloak.
"And please, for the love of God, brush your bloody teeth. Your breath is foul, would you like a mint?" Draco mocked, cocking his head every which way for emphasis. He then ripped the door open and slammed it hard behind him.

Harry turned towards Snape, who's face was so red it appeared as though it would burst at the slightest touch. He knew he shouldn't have, but the brunet decided to run head first through the fire.
"You didn't take any house points off him."
"Excuse me?" Snape hissed in a low tone that injected fear into Harry's veins.
"You took ten points from me for nothing, and he goes and does that and gets off scot-free." Why was he still talking? Why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut?
"Get out of my classroom, you insufferable brat. Do as Draco and get to my office!" The professor barked, enraged to his core. Harry quickly and cautiously rose to his feet, exchanging worried glances with his two best friends before leaving the classroom silently.

Harry hadn't walked more than a few steps out of the dungeons before ice-cold hands gripped him by his left arm and dragged him sideways. Terror coursed through his body as he was momentarily blinded in a flurry of grey-stone walls. Harry dug his heels into the floor, wrapping his fingers around an incredibly dainty wrist that had implanted its slender hands around his own wrist. The pair skidded to a halt, the brunet heaving for air and staring around madly. Dread quickly fled from his being once he'd caught a glimpse of the milky, blue eyes of Draco. His breathing regulated and his face lit up. Malfoy didn't seem to like that.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Potter?" The blond barked, ripping his wrist from Harry's grip and rubbing at it. The green-eyed boy noticed a purple blotch blossoming where Draco held his wrist, flinching at how easily the boy bruised.
"What do you mean?" Harry's question held no air to it, he was far too caught up in glaring at Draco's newest injury.
"You know what I mean. You're being weird." The blond tutted, folding his arms to hide his wrist.
"How am I being weird?" With furrowed eyebrows, Harry lifted his gaze directly to Draco's and scowled.
"What's that supposed to mean, then?" The blue-eyed boy hissed.
"Well, I'm not the one who snapped at my supposed favourite teacher."

Draco's eyes dropped to the floor, his face seemingly falling with them.
"Why do you keep staring at me? It's annoying and...and weird." His face scrunched up and he eyed Harry suspiciously, though there was something missing. The usual mischievous glint in his blue eyes and that malevolent grin were both absent.
"How would you know I was staring if you weren't staring back?" It was more a statement than a question. Draco was stumped, Harry had caught him out. The pair stood in awkward silence for a moment as Malfoy glared Harry down, probably raking his mind for a snarky comeback, but Harry spoke first.
"Anyway, aren't we supposed to be going to Snape's office?"

Harry was utterly dumbfounded when Draco let out a spiteful laugh.
"You weren't actually going to go, were you?"
"Well...yeah."
"Don't be stupid." Draco looked Harry up and down before spinning on his heels and stalking away. The brunet felt a sudden urge to follow, and so he did.
"Why are you following me?" Draco hissed over his shoulder, keeping his stride.
"Because." And that was the end of it.

The pair soon arrived at a seemingly abandoned corridor, void of windows and doors of any sort. Harry bore a confused expression, to which Draco returned with a perceptive smirk.
"Close your eyes." Malfoy said nonchalantly.
"What? No, why?"
"Too many questions, just do it."
"There is no way on Earth I am closing my eyes for you to hex me or some shit." Harry shook his head defensively. Draco simply pouted in response. The green-eyed boy felt a twang of pity (for some odd reason) and with a huge sigh he closed his eyes annoyedly. It was then when he felt a familiar, boney hand enclose itself around his wrist and began tugging him gently. He nearly opened his eyes fully, feeling it necessary to keep them shut as if it was a life or death situation.

He was blindly walking for a while, led by a boy he didn't even trust (of course, he must've trusted him at least a little) until he was stopped abruptly — almost colliding with the back of Draco.
"OK, open." The blond chirped, Harry could hear the smile in his voice.

With the dawning thought that he would open his eyes to something terrible, Harry gently fluttered his lashes open, recoiling slightly in case something jumped at him. To his complete surprise, he was met with a door that read 'JANITOR ONLY', and was immediately intrigued. Draco held his arms out, as if to say 'go ahead' and Harry did just that.

He opened the door with an unsteady hand, entering once he'd gained approval from Draco — who soon followed in.

It was pitch black and Harry felt that same icy fear grip him until Draco muttered 'LUMOS', and the tip of his wand lit up. The brunet let an impressed gasp leave his lips. He was stood in a janitors closet that had been disfigured and transformed into a small library type room. Shelves that should've held disinfectants and sponges now housed books of all sorts of titles and homework. A small chair sat alone in one of the corners of the room next to a small beside table that had yet another homework assignment on it.
"I come here to ditch detentions and do my homework." Draco explained, shrugging his shoulders.
"You've made yourself quite a little home here," Harry gazed in awe, "and you've brought me here...because?"
"If you turn up at Snape's office without me, he'll give you a detention and instigate a man-hunt for me. If neither of us turn up he'll just give us a bollocking next lesson and be done with it. Bringing you here was my only option, as much as I despise you." Draco scoffed, although Harry couldn't sworn there was a friendly glaze to his eyes.

"Might as well make yourself at home, we'll be here for the rest of the period."

Harry swallowed, hard. Locked in a fairly small closet with a boy he had incredibly mixed feelings about wouldn't end well — and he knew it.