acknowledgments

firstly, i would like to personally thank MYSELF for finishing this longwinded, depressing ass story when i literally wanted to die!!!1!1!!

the outcome was always going to be the same, draco (engulfed in self hatred and the overbearing weight of responsibility) would always have ended his life — with harry moments away from saving him. i wanted a sad ending because going into this story i was sad myself and was using these characters as mouthpieces for how i felt. i tried not to let my emotions sway the story too much, though at times you can see the characterisation drops and for that i'm sorry.

this is my first /completed/ fan fiction and at the start of this fic my writing was absolutely terrible and i'm surprised (but also glad) that people actually stuck around and read on. for the more recent chapters, i'm super proud of them and when i'm feeling shite about myself i read the first chapter and then the final ones and realise just how much i've improved. i will probably rewrite the first few (as i could describe the scenes so much better now) but then again i kind of just want to be done with this fic.

and everybody: LEAVE RON ALONE HE HAS A VALID REASON FOR HATING DRACO AND NOT WANTING HARRY TO ASSOCIATE WITH HIM! HES NOT THE BAD GUY! SORRY IF THAT POINT WASNT MADE CLEARLY ENOUGH I THOUGJT IT WAS! in this essay i will—

sorry for tearing your hearts out, but i needed to make the ending sad as this entire book is quite literally just a vent. of course, my situation is nowhere near as dire as draco's and we both suffer from differing issues, but i can relate to both his sadness and harry's anger.

thank you for sticking along and being so so so supportive. i've read every single one of your comments and replied to as many as i can. i thank you all for the votes and reads! now, onto the next story!!1!1!1!

(also i've begun writing another drarry fic called seahorse motel and if you want ANOTHER depressing read then go over to that one lol)

(ALSO also, i'm going to start writing a collection of short stories called "sonny should have died" ((not sure if i'll keep this title or change it)) and the connecting theme is the absence of death / absence of the deceased so if that sounds like something you'd read i'll be publishing it here and seeing if i can actually get it professionally published!!!)

sinabit x