006

Outside, in the greenery of the summer, the morning birds chirped happily as the sun began its ascent. It was a perfectly fine day, a good day to sleep in or so she thought until... a tug.

She felt a tug. Something was tugging her waist, pulling her closer. She brushed it off, thinking it was just the blanket getting tangled up around her. To ease the discomfort, she brushed the offending entanglement away, with closed eyes.

Then she heard a soft moan but she was simply too sleepy to bother.

The next moment, she felt the same tug and an additional weight over her leg. She grumbled in frustration, it was a fine weather to sleep late and she disliked her sleep to be disrupted.

She groped around lazily and felt a warm object, tracing its outline as she tried to identity it, based on touch alone. Then a soft grumble was heard, except this time it definitely was not hers.

A leg? A LEG?!

Her eyes shot open, finding herself face-to-face with her nemesis. She quickly placed a hand over her mouth, holding her breath to prevent herself from screaming loud and waking up the sleeping girl.

Dahyun looked down at her body and noticed Sana has wrapped an arm around her waist and draped one leg over her bottom half. Her own right arm was pinned under the crook of Sana's neck.

Crap.

Dahyun looked around frantically, trying to recall what has happened last night. Her head started to hurt a little. She rubbed her temple with her free hand.

Urgh... Hangover!

She remembered she had too much of a little drink with Jeongyeon and that was all she could remember.

What the hell happened!?

Dahyun pulled away slowly, not wanting to wake up the girl. She gently withdrew her pinned arm back. Sana mumbled grumpily as she cuddled Dahyun tighter in her embrace. Dahyun froze. She didn't dare to move a single muscle.

Crap...

Her heart was beating wildly as Sana inched her face forward.

She's treating me as a soft toy!

Amidst the thumping heart and worrying, for the first time without any other disturbance, Dahyun was able to take a close look at her fiancee.

She has such an angelic face.

Then, Dahyun noticed her lightly swollen eye bags with a faint trail of dried tears on her face.

Was she crying?

There was an unexplainable feeling arousing from within her. Almost as if she could feel her pain, just by looking the sad look on her face.

Why were you crying?

Unknowingly, she edged her bent index finger closer to Sana's face, in an attempt to wipe away the dried tears.

All of a sudden, the alarm clock by the bedside table went off with a loud ring, which was quickly followed by a song.

Dahyun froze again, with her hand still in mid-air. Her heart almost stopped. But fortunately, the girl did not stir in her sleep. Woah she's such a deep sleeper!

The alarm clock was still singing continuously. Dahyun withdrew her hand and tried twisting her body to turn off the alarm but found it near impossible in her current unmovable condition. Instead, she twisted her free arm backward, fumbling blindly around the bedside table for the pesky clock.