025

"Clear!"

A sudden surge of shock jolted her wide-awake. A crippling pain ripped across her body almost instantaneously, sending her into a violent spasm. She shut her eyes, and her fingers dug deep into the sodden ground in desperation as she breathed shallowly in multi-succession, attempting to ease the degree of pain. It worked momentarily; the pain subsided to a tolerable level. Relief of the torment, she reopened her eyes and found herself staring up at a strange reddish-hued sky. She propped herself off the ground, noticing for the first time she was in an unfamiliar environment. The ground was covered in a maroon shade and the air reeked of a heavy ferrous smell.

Where am I?

Despite the warm colours portrayed in her surrounding, it was awfully cold; a feeling she disliked. She fought to resist a shiver.

Where is everyone?

There was no one, not even a single structure at sight. There was nothing, just an empty plain stretching endlessly towards the horizon. The lone being got up on her feet, dusting off the dirt on her clothes and began to wander aimlessly.

I need... to get back to somewhere

And she continued, pushing herself forward. She didn't know how much time had passed, or how far she had covered. She just knew she had to make her way back regardless of the distance.

To... where?

Her gait slowed down considerably. The grim reality was starting to put a strain on her.

Is there a place... I have to go?

She staggered along with persistence but she was soon reaching her limit, both physically and mentally. It felt as though she had been walking for eternity and yet, nothing lay in front of her. It was just a continuous stretch of emptiness.

Where do I have to go?

Far too tired to carry on, she slumped onto the ground, her mind barely focused. She couldn't remember anything. Not a name, not a place, not a direction, not a reason.

"Clear!"

Wait.

A faint silhouette flashed across her mind.

Someone. A person. And she wore a dress. Yes, pink dress.

Where have I seen her...

There was a crowd. There were a lot of commotions. A lot of voices, a lot of flashes and there she was, right in the centre of attraction.

But she couldn't remember how she looked like.

Long hair.

She recalled harder.

Brown. That's right. She had long light brown hair that moved ever so gently with the wind. But that was all she remembered. She couldn't put a face to that person.

Why can't I remember a single thing?

Her brows furrowed as she focused hard. There has ought to be something. Her head began to erupt in a sharp intense pain. The small piece of information she fought so hard to retain was slipping away, little by little. The flashes dispersed, the voices vanished, the crowd receded and that faint outline gradually faded away.

No one was there. No one, except her, just her alone.

Darkness clouded over her mind as she eventually succumbed to the overwhelming pain that took over her wrecked body.

A series of erratic beeping sounds continued to emit from the various monitoring devices. The heart monitor line was racing irregularly across the screen as frantic hands moved with hasted speed under the surmounting pressure.