Sootpelt and new medicine cat apprentice

Sootpelt and new medicine cat apprentice, Twistedfoot, marched inside the Riseclan camp to be bombarded with the hustling and bustling of the other clanmates.

Twistedfoot looked to Sootpelt to realize that he should stand back to let his mentor pass.

Sootpelt walked in front of Twistedfoot towards a ginger she-cat that sat boredly beside another she-cat.

"There you are, foxdung, Mothlight has been in labour since yesterday! She is almost delivering her kits by herself and you'll look bad!" The ginger she-cat hissed.

Sootpelt rolled his orbs, "Twistedfoot, stay out here until I call you in to help me or to fetch my supplies." The slim tom said as he slunk into the nursery.

Once Sootpelt was inside he was met with burning angry eyes from Mothflight, who was hissing at him in pain.

"You are so forgetful!" Mothflight spat, rolling onto her paws but following over on her side despite her efforts to stand.

The helpless she-cat huffed on her side and began to mewl as her insides burned slightly.

"You knew that I was expecting and so you took off with that weak footed apprentice!" She spat more, pressing her sore paws to her belly as she tried pushing her kits out herself.

Sootpelt hissed, "Don't do that, lay still! Twistedfoot will bring me everything I need. Just don't move."

Slowly not to disturb Mothflight,

the medicine cat stepped towards her then sat down at her side, he sighed, "Alright.. Let's have a look."

Outside the nursery Twistedfoot was getting impatient as he pieced together the prophecy and now; he dared not think that this would be true that a black kit would be born from such a bright colored female.

Although, his thoughts did bobber over who the father is to Mothflights kits are.

Either way, Twistedfoot was pacing back and forth unsettlingly across the entrance of the nursery as he waited for his mentors instructions.

"Why isn't he asking for me?" Twistedfoot asked himself, "Does he know? Is he going to strip me from being his apprentice so soon?"

Once Twistedfoot was about to whimper another one of his guilts, Sootpelt's head poked out from the nursery to catch his eyes on Twistedfoot's, "Twistedfoot, quickly, run into my den and fetch me three moss balls drenched in water..and make it fast, please.."

In slight desperation to stir Sootpelt away from Twistedfoot's fear, the medicine cat apprentice darted towards a log on its side and was in the ground with an opening that served as the medic den.

Moments passed when Twistedfoot returned with what Sootpelt had asked and he entered into the nursery, except he noticed that there were only pleasant purrs that he's never heard of before, echoing off in the wide space.

"Am I too late?" Twistedfoot asked, fearing the absolute most.

The medicine cat apprentice kept padding towards Sootpelt and Mothflight when he realized that at the Queen's side were four little bundles of fear that were her kits; he stared in amazement that apparently this liter wasn't the one he needed to be afraid of..until his eyes stuck on one black kit that was curled up under his mother's paws, to shield him away from his kin.

Mothflight stared at her son blankly as she tried to find a feeling for this kit that resembled nothing of herself or her three beautifully ginger kits, she tried so hard not to question herself at all of what she could had done wrong to deserve such a son of some sort of ugliness to be so black and bleak.

Even though her thoughts crossed many of times, she still grazed the black kit's ear with her tongue and rested her chin on his side like a loving mother would do.

Seeing this brought Twistedfoot to believe he did nothing wrong and that maybe him sacrificing this kit's future was in fact a joke from Starclan; until he reminded himself that Starclan doesn't make jokes, and that this kit still had his whole life to destroy anything in his path if he was given the opportunity.

Nevertheless, his eyes darted towards his mentor when he asked if they could go.

And so with a nod of Sootpelt's head, the two medicine cats exited the nursery and headed off back to the log den.

All that was left to not be expected, was the cold chills of winter that soon started to whip the trees, on that cold night.