Chapter five:

Blackpaw orbs widened to their edges to glare fully at his brother to tell what reaction Firepaw was trying to make him have; yet, Firepaw wasn't hoping to do anything.

"What do you mean, a twin?" Blackpaw asked with his tone cracking slightly.

"Well, I don't know his name, all I know is that he's from Jadeclan." Firepaw quickly added, "I only brought him up because Brindlestar, his leader collapsed completely in front of her clan. Even the other clan cats saw it!"

Blackpaw swallowed hard on the weighing sentence he wanted to spit out that would be about Shadepaw. Except, he couldn't make himself say anything at all.

Firepaw looked away from his brother then towards the towering over high rock in awe, "Do you think I will become a leader one day, Blackpaw?"

Blackpaw stared towards the rock too with his ears flicking back, "Wasn't there already a Firestar?"

A purr of amusement rumbled in Firepaw's throat, "There can always be another something, Blackpaw. Maybe you could become Blackstar one day after my nine lives are over, because I'll make you my deputy."

The idea if becoming his own brothers deputy made Blackpaw get to his paws from his nerves tingling in excitement.

Before Blackpaw could respond, Sootpelt shoved past him with Twistedfoot carefully making sure not to bump into the black apprentice.

"Maybe stand away from your medicine cat, Blackrat." Sootpelt spat lowly at Blackpaw menacingly.

Twistedfoot stopped with his broken up paw from when he heard his mentor and the leader talk above the ground, his head over his shoulder with his ears perked to tell if Blackpaw was going to respond.

Instead, Firepaw grinded his fangs together then snarled at Sootpelt, "You only fix cats up, you don't fight like Blackpaw and I will!" He continued with a small purr, "You're just a coward, you don't fight with us..you gave up on us."

Immediately after Firepaw mocked Sootpelt, the slim tom stopped then swirled himself around to face Firepaw; his ears back completely, fangs bared and eyes narrowed into the bright apprentice's cold blue eyes. Blackpaw watched them both eye each other in fear, so he rushed in between them in attempt to get them to stand off each other.

Sootpelt's eyes moved from Firepaw with rage then thickened with his frustration at Blackpaw, he hissed loudly at him which made Blackpaw shudder in fear.

The slim medicine cat unsheathed his claws, causing Blackpaw to duck his head if ever Sootpelt was going to swipe, and yet Twistedfoot placed a paw over his mentor's quickly, "Jadeclan, remember, Sootpelt?" Twistedpaw meowed abruptly, "We were going to meet up with Larkfur then catch up with the other medicine cats for an important meeting?" He said, hinting towards his mentor desperately for Blackpaw to not get swiped at.

Not really well with ease, Sootpelt's claws went back into his paws after he pushed Blackpaw away just for his amusement, he then nodded to Twistedfoot in a silent agreement. Finally, both mentor and apprentice padded out of the clan without another word to each other, except only with their annoyances with each other chatted in their minds.

Blackpaw sloppily got on his paws, "He's always been so awful to me, it's just what I need from someone else in this clan.."

"Maybe stand up for yourself? That'll teach him not to mess with you." Firepaw retorted, but relaxed once he got into a fighting crouch that of course he used to be playful at Blackpaw, "I would had..clawed his whiskers out just so he'd apologize to you for him being such a foxhearted elder." He joked, swiping in the air where he imagined Sootpelt's whiskers to be.