Chapter 11:

"Bluefrost! Icepelt! Fireblaze! Hawkspirit! Brokensight! Otterfang! Vineflower! Flintwater! Blackheart!" The clan cheered welcoming their many new warriors into their clan.

Blackpaw was no longer a struggling apprentice, in his remaining moons of being a cowardly apprentice he did take up his training with Ripplefang, who was more than honored to actual practice with someone so stubborn as Blackpaw.

So now, Blackheart was welcomed into Riseclan with happy clan-members along with Thundertail and Tatterdpaw that watched him in the back of the clan with pride and happiness for him.

With also being taught by Ripplefang, Blackheart discovered how every clan mender has a part and that he wasn't alone in his journey of feeling like he was useless; he found out that Twistedfoot, Brokensight who was originally Minnowpaw, and even Bluefrost all felt the same way he did at times..so now, Blackheart was alright with who he was and what he looked like.

Blackheart did worry alot about Solarclan attacking his clan, but he did feel deep down inside that he'd be ready for whatever malicious act Solarclan could throw at him.

On that rock though with eight other warriors he cared for the most, he was just glad to stand next to them, and he knew one day he would even gladly stand beside them in battle if it ever came to it.

Either way, Blackheart was a warrior with a pure heart in dark times and that is why he took with great delight for having a name that suited his struggles ever since he opened his eyes.

Besides making Minnowpaw change his name into Brokensight from having a missing eye, Blackheart didn't regret anything and he didn't think he ever could..because as long as he stood there on highrock with a new name that meant basically a new start, he was more than grateful to try it the best he could.

"Blackheart, huh?" Brokensight chuckled.

"Yeah?"

Brokensight nodded, "Fits you pretty well honestly, maybe I should start thanking you for changing my dumb name into something actually pretty cool, right?" He joked at him playfully.

Hawkspirit silently hissed at them, "Quiet."

After Hawkspirit's command, the still clumsy warrior slipped off the highrock onto his belly without any wounds at all.

Riseclan laughed at Hawkspirit's fall except Bluefrost who decided to help him up.

Blackheart and Icepelt knew there was going to be something there between those two, so they both smiled for them.

Fireblaze looked at Blackheart, he shrugged at him.

Before, Blackheart would had liked Fireblaze paying attention to him, but he promised to himself to stop caring of what anyone thought of him in this dark world; in Blackheart's promise to himself, he also knew that he was okay from now on to just be himself..no matter what anyone thought of him, unless he would find true happiness one day, something he any many other cats promised themselves too as well.

The only cat Blackheart wanted to impress was his mother, who was watching happily at her two sons with clouding eyes from being overly proud.

I may had been born with a black pelt in a bright litter, but that will never define who I am. From now on, I am Blackheart a warrior from Riseclan, and I will always remain who I am just to make you proud of me, Mothlight..I promise.

Blackheart looked over to Thundertail who was talking to a she-cat he had never seen before so that confused him, his ears leaned forward, but realized he could leave so he approached Thundertail and Tatterdpaw.

Froststep looked at Blackheart, she quickly vanished from his sight to return to Starclan.

"Thundertail, who was that?"

Thundertail looked at Tatterdpaw, "Her name is Froststep..her and I go way back before her and I walked different paths.."

Blackheart sat down, "So why did she leave?"

Thundertail didn't know how to say it.

"Someone cursed you, Blackheart."