Roadkill- Part 1

"Thanks again, Bobby. I really appreciate you coming down here and helping." You said with a smile, hugging him tightly.

"Anything for you. Now, I have to get going but call me later on, okay?" He said, hugging you back.

"Of course. Well, I can practically feel Sam making holes in my skull from how hard he's staring at me. I'll call you later." You kissed your father on the cheek and he smiled, getting into his own truck and leaving.

"It's about time." Sam teased.

"Hey, let me have this one, okay? I'm done now and you can tell me all about your case as Dean drives us slowly insane." You said, getting into the backseat. Sam let out a humorless laugh and got in the passenger's seat, Dean taking off down the road.

"You know, if I wasn't here, I don't know how you or Dean will get anything done." Sam said.

"We did it for almost 3 years when you left to go to college." You said, looking at him.

"Okay, ouch, I'm just going to tell you about the case I found." Sam said, clearing his throat.

"Yeah, why don't you." Dean said as he drove.

"Okay, there's a highway 41, which we are going to get on. There have been 12 accidents over 15 years. Five of them were fatal and all of them were happening on the same night." Sam said, reading from the papers he printed earlier.

"So, what are we looking at? Interstate dead zone? Phantom hitchhiker?" Dean asked.

"Not quite. Year after year, witnesses said the same thing made them crash. A woman appearing in the middle of the road, being chased by a man covered in blood."

"Two spirits haunting the same highway?" You asked.

"Yeah, remember those articles I printed out? Well, 15 years ago, a woman named Molly was driving with her husband, David, when they hit a man, Jonah Greeley. She killed him and herself, David surviving. She haunts that road every year with Greeley." Sam said, looking at you.

You decided to go to David's house to find out what happened to his wife to see if there were bones to burn. You found out that she was cremated which confused you because why was she still here? What was keeping her here, then?

"So, what, are we trying to kill Greeley and then what? Kill the woman? Are you sure we're even going to see her here? What if she already killed someone else?" You asked from the backseat. You found the case yesterday and this haunting only happened once a night per year so you had to get this right or else you would be coming back next year.

"There is only one way to find out, right?" Dean said, driving along the highway where this woman would hopefully be. Dean has been driving for a while until you saw a woman run from the woods in a panic, screaming for help. Dean cursed as he slammed on the brakes, not hitting the woman.

"Stop! You have to help me!!" The woman yelled, very frightened.

"Does she even know she's dead?" You asked, looking at Sam. Molly came running to the window and she banged on it until Sam rolled it down.

"Alright, alright, calm down. Tell us what happened." Sam said, looking at her. You got out of the car to make her feel better and so did Sam and Dean and then Molly began explaining what happened.

"My husband and I were driving and we saw a man in the road I swerved and we crashed. When I came to, my husband was gone and my car was wrecked. I went looking for him but that's when the man from the road came back and started chasing me." She said, panic still in her voice.