The Fear Within.

Then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Danny's world came back to him in bits and pieces of information with flashes of memories in between.

First, it was someone tackling him out of the way of a large mass of dripping black ink.

Then, all the air was suddenly forced from his lungs in a single blow. His chest hurt, his head was spinning, and he felt sick to his stomach.

Something was crawling on him, crawling all over him, covering every part of his body in a substance that he couldn't see.

Someone yelled his name in alarm, in anger.

Was the anger directed at him or was it directed at something else?

He couldn't recall.

He couldn't remember.

Something warm and thick and sticky started to cover his lower body. It was slowly rising higher and higher and higher.

He thrashed trying to keep his head from going under, trying to keep himself afloat.

There were hands on him, multiple pairs of hands, and screaming. A lot of screaming.

Was he the one who had been screaming?

The pleading had started as the hands started to loose their grip, fear gripped his heart then.

Was he the one who had been pleading?

Was he the one who had desperately clinged to the last two pairs of hands?

Was he the one who's wouldn't loosen his grip?

Danny couldn't remember.

His world only became black, pure blackness, pitch black, after that.

He knew nothing more than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now.

Light was the first thing he saw when he woke up.

A warm kind of light that made Danny feel drowsy and want to fall back asleep.

It was so warm, like the first rays of sunlight had just drifted in through the window to caress the young man's skin with the lightest of touches.

Scratch that, the light was as harsh as a million suns and Danny desperately wanted it to stop it's assault on his eyes.

Groaning, the young man pulled the covers over his head and tried to go back to sleep.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

There it was again!

That annoying beeping sound!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Was it getting faster or was it just him hearing things?

"CAN SOMEONE SHUT THAT OFF??!" Danny snapped, springing up from his place under the covers, annoyance clear as day in his voice.

It was only then that Danny noticed his surroundings.

White, porcelain, white walls boxed him into a rectangle room with two large windows. Chairs, two of them, much like the chairs that one would find in a waiting room, were pressed against one of the walls near the door. There was a TV hanging, suspended, from the ceiling above his head. It wasn't one of those old TVs that was square shaped, nope this one was a flat screen. Two other chairs were by the window to his right and light was spilling from the last window, illuminating, a brown oak door that, Danny guessed, was the bathroom.

It took all of this, and a couple of seconds of silence, for Danny to figure out where he was.

He was in a hospital.

"Nope, nope, nope, nope,nope, nope" Danny shook his head and cowered back against the headboard of the hospital bed that he was in.

He hated hospitals.

He absolutely hated them.

Ever since that week where the other kids at Casper High started exhibiting ghost powers due to those Ghost Bugs and they were all sent to a lone hospital, Danny, himself, included, for observation which turned out to be a plot thought up by Spectra and Bertrand, Danny had never been the same.

Whenever the word "hospital" was brought up in a conversation or even if it was mentioned casually, he'd flinch and look around, searching for either someone with a needle or a syringe that wanted to hurt him.

Danny could still feel the pricks of the needles going under his skin and into his bloodstream and he could still feel the weight of the straps, hard and unforgivably rough, through the paper thin hospital gown that he had been forced to wear, pressing him down onto the cold examination table that he had spent hours upon hours upon hours being strapped to for several surgical procedures.

He was also sure that the straps had given him a rash across his arms, chest, and stomach, but that was besides the point.

Danny wanted out.

He wanted out NOW.