Chapter 2 (6666 Words)

"Firs years! Firs' years over here!" An extremely tall shabby looking man shouts. T'Challa and Peter, dressed in their school robes, stand in front of him, faces filled with awe. Omg, it's Hagrid! He's so cool!

"Is that... Haggis?" T'Challa asks Peter quietly, causing him to laugh at T'Challa's mispronunciation.

"Haggis? Oh my God... No, his name's Hagrid." Peter says, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"Oh, my apologies. I don't remember much of the details."

"C'mon, follow me, any more firs years? Mind yer step now! Firs' years follow me!"

They follow Hagrid down a steep, narrow path, slipping and stumbling along the way.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid calls over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here"

"Oooh!" Everyone exclaims, as they glance around the great black lake in front of them, their eyes lighting up as bright as the candles and torches shining through the windows of the castle with many turrets and towers perched atop a high mountain on the other side of the lake.

"No more'n four to a boat" Hagrid calls out, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. "Everyone in? Right then, FORWARD!" And the fleets of boats move off all at once, gliding across the lake which was as smooth as glass. Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sail nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood. "Heads down!" Hagrid calls out as the first boats reached the cliff. They all bent their heads and the boats carried them through a curtain of ivy which hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They drifted along through a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle, until they reached some sort of underground harbour, where they clamber out onto the rocks and pebbles. "Oy, you there! Is this yer toad?" Hagrid asks Neville, holding up a toad.

"Trevor!" Neville cried blissfully, taking the toad from Hagrid's huge hands. Then, they clamber up a passageway in the rock after Hagrid's lamp, coming out at last onto smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle. They walk up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge oak front door.

"Everyone here? You still got yer toad?" Hagrid raised his gigantic fist and knocked on the castle door three times. The door swung open immediately. A tall, black and grey-haired witch in emerald green robes stood in front of them, glancing at the innocent children staring up at her. She appeared to have resting kill-a-bitch face, and Peter decided he would never fuck with her. "The firs' years, Professor MGonagall." Hagrid says. Oh shit, that's McGonagall?!

"Thank you Hagrid, I will take them from here." She says, pulling the door wide open. Peter stepped into the entrance hall and estimated he could probably fit two of Aunt May's appartments in here. Maybe even three??? They blindly follow McGonagall up a pretty noice marble staircase like herd of anxious sheep until they were stood in front of yet another giant door. Peter could hear muffled voices from behind it. I guess the rest of the school are in there. This place must be so big! "Welcome to Hogwarts," Professor McGonagall said. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the great hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony..." Blah, blah, blah... This is so boring! I just wanna get sorted! Peter turned to T'Challa and poked his arm.

"What?" T'Challa whispered, trying to listen to McGonagall's speech.

"I'm bored." Peter whispered back.

"Good for you." T'Challa said back. Wow... Rude! Peter decided he'd try to listen to McGonagall, since his "friend" was ignoring him.

"Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule breaking will lose house points." Oooh... Can I do some rule breaking?! That would be so much fun! "At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the hose cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you wait." McGonagall glanced around, looking at the many students' disheveled appearances. Excuse me?! My mom told me I was a very handsome boi! Well... she didn't actually say that, but it was implied! "I shall return when we are ready for you. Please wait quietly."