Chapter 2

(Warning! This chapter contains very mild blood, so mild I almost didn't put this warning. It's paragraph 7.)

   I was tired of the dark gloom of my home. I wanted to go else where. I looked at the bright portal in front of me. It was still the brightest thing I had ever seen. I took a deep breath and took a few steps in it before blacking out.

   "Hello? Mister?" A voice sounded. It sounded like the voice of a naive 10 year old boy. I attempted opening my eyes, but it was bright and I hissed. "Mister? Are you okay?"
"Leave him alone, Ajien." Another voice chimed in. It sounded a bit more mature, maybe 13 or 14. He sounded grim and realistic. "You don't know him. He could kidnap you or hurt you."

   They actually teach kids that, wherever I am?

   "But he hissed at the sun." The naive voice, supposedly Ajien, chimed back.

   He also had a point.

   "I don't care. Get away from him." The other boy said.
I heard shuffling as the other boy got up and went to the older boy.

   I turned over so I could open my eyes without being blinded, but ended up vomiting. I opened my eyes, slowly adjusting to the light. I was suddenly aware of my horrible breathing. I looked down and saw a huge puddle of blood. This wasn't uncommon for me, especially with sudden changes.

   I heard the little boy gasp. "Zitri! Look at him!" After that I expected him to mock me. What came after was a shock.

   "He's so pale and frail.... he barely has anything on his bones. And he just threw up! He needs help!"

   He wasn't wrong. You could basically see the definition of my bones, but that was because I live in a world deprived of everything.

   Then I realized.

   I should be normal looking in my world, but this kid just called me extremely skinny and said I needed help. I most definitely was not in my world.

   I looked at the boys. The taller one had medium length jet black hair with glowing red eyes. He wore a black robe. He reminded me of Ahriman,  the God of Dark. Eirher that or an emo. Then I looked at the smaller boy. He was both smaller in height and he was skinnier. His hair was warm grey and medium length, and his eyes were a gentle blue. He reminded me of Amellia, the Goddess of Light.

   I realized, even in my dark world, children this young should always have a parent with them. Here are these children, trying to figure out who or what I am without any adults. What kind of place was this?

   "Shouldn't children like you be with your parents?" I growled.
"Parents?" Ajien tilted his head to the side.
"You know, the people who raised you, cared for you, and made you?"
"What?" The boy seemed genuinely confused.

That's when it hit me. This boy actually didn't know what a mom and a dad was.

The emo boy looked at me. "We don't have parents. We were created by gods. He was created by the Goddess of light and I was created by the God of dark."
   I looked at them, dumbfounded. These were the Gods "offspring". I had never seen a Gods creation before, especially Ahriman's, my God.
"So you really don't have parents."
"Well, if I went by your logic, Ahriman is my father. But if I went by my logic, no I don't have parents."