An Annoying Cat and A Crazy Phone Call (Kenma)

"Weren't you just saying yesterday that the whole soulmate system is stupid?" Kuroo had asked me when he noticed the writing covering my forearm.
I simply kept my attention on my phone, specifically on the text conversation I was having with Shoyo. I curled up a little more on the couch as I set aside my phone after a moment. 

"... I never said it was stupid... It's just problematic in my opinion..."

"How so?" Kuroo asked, staring at the ceiling.

"... Wouldn't it be more interesting if you weren't paired with someone from the start? Because of this system, people have decided not to date or even talk to other people... I mean... Shoyo's really nice and all... but isn't it a little annoying to not really have to do much to find the person chosen for you?" I realized how much I had been talking and I glanced at the taller boy, who looked a little surprised. 

".. Wow.. he CAN say more than a few sentences!" Kuroo teased, playfully pulling on my arm as he spoke.
I felt my face heat up. "... nevermind..." 

"No! What else were you gonna say? I kinda agree with what you were saying!" Kuroo crossed his arms and looked at me.
"Uhm... I ... what?... "

  "You were talking about the messed up soulmate system."

"Oh.. uh.. It just doesn't make sense to me... like... you met Bokuto through writing notes on your arm then you two just happened to meet in person at a volleyball game... I'd think it would be better if you two met there and got to know each other then.. That just seems more natural..."

Kuroo shrugged. "I guess... but you started to talk to your soulmate the same way I did."
"Only because you kept pestering me..." I mumbled, reaching for my phone, which had just vibrated. It was another text from Shoyo.

I just finished practice with Kageyama and the rest of my team... do you mind if I facetime you?

I sighed and started typing. Kuroo looked over my shoulder.
"You should let him call you."
I didn't say anything, I focused on sending Shoyo a reply.
My annoying friend is over... maybe later... 

"Oh come on Kenma! You said you liked him so why aren't you letting him call you?" 

"... did you really expect anything more from me?" 

"Good point"
I glanced back down to my phone. 

You said 'maybe later' earlier though!
I frowned a bit. I didn't mean anything bad. I just wouldn't know what to say anyway.
Another message popped up underneath the first. 

I'm still with my team... if they call you anyway I'm sorry...

Facetime notification from Shoyo.

I panicked and dropped my phone.
Bad idea.
Kuroo dived off the couch and after my phone. He answered the call and I immediately hid my face in my hands.

On the other line, it was hard to make out what anyone was saying. I removed my hands from over my face and tried to figure out which one was Shoyo.
The scene was a mess when Kuroo showed it to me. It looked like half the people there had their soulmates with them. A short looking boy was holding the phone. He had dark hair with only a small piece in the front bleached blonde. Behind him were two boys, both covered in freckles, The taller one had blonde hair and glasses, the other had darker hair and a "Tacos" t-shirt. In the very back of the room, a dark haired boy was with a smaller, silver haired boy. 

... so all of them are gay?

"So you're Hinata's soulmate?!" the boy holding the phone asked. His eyes were a bit puffy. I assumed it was due to a stressed or anxious soulmate, he seemed too energetic to be on the other side of that. 

"uhm..." I bit my lip.

 A silver haired boy took the phone from him. 

"Oh jeez... I'm sorry about them.." he walked out of the room, carrying the phone with him. "I should give this back to Hinata before- Tanaka! Stop scaring the first years!"

 Kuroo was laughing a lot more than he should be. I was mostly confused. Soon enough, the phone was handed to a younger looking boy. He had red hair and brown eyes, dark circles visible beneath them. My dark circles.Oops...

"God Kenma, your lack of sleep left your partner looking like a zombie!" Kuroo  pointed out

I didn't know what to say.

"Well.. I kinda cover him in random scrapes and bruises so I guess we're even?" The redhead said with a small chuckle.
The tall boy I saw earlier passed by in the background.

"At least you aren't covered in freckles."

"Sorry Tsukki!" 

I bit my lip, still trying to figure out what to say. I ended up digging up a pen and writing on the back of my hand.
I don't know what to say so I'm going to hang up...
I held it up to the camera so Shoyo would see it. Once he did, he just nodded and waved. 

"Okay... I'll talk to you later!"

I nodded and wrestled the phone from Kuroo before hanging up. Once I did, I flopped back onto the couch, face first.

God. I'm such an idiot. 

_______________________________________________________
Okay so I'm not proud of this chapter... Hopefully writer's block will die soon;;;;;