Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Banana chocolate pancakes for the lady," Said the waitress as she placed down the plate on the table.

"And egg mayo sandwich for the gentleman." She placed the other plate in front of my partner, Navarro who was sitting across me.

"Ah, yes. Pancakes." I moaned in satisfaction as I smelled the pancakes.

"Thank you." Said my partner, Navarro.

The waitress smiled at us and left to get another order. I immediately poured blueberry syrup on my pancakes and started munching on them.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and pancakes are my favorite breakfast meal. Actually, I could eat pancakes at every meal and I would still have enough space for more food.

"What?" I asked with my mouth full when I caught Navarro staring at me.

"Wala. Ang sarap mo lang panoorin kumain kasi you make all the food you eat look delicious. Kaya ang sarap mo kasama kumain e." He said to me before biting into his sandwich.

I finished chewing the pancakes first before speaking, "I don't know how you get full with just one sandwich. Seriously? I think I'd need to eat 3 of those."

Ferdinand "Vhong" Navarro is my partner in this job. We are not secret agents and we are not part of an organization. All I know is that we are always given tasks to take down the bad guys.

"Nandito na sila. We need to go." He said and I followed the direction he was looking.

A van just approached and that was our cue to go undercover. Navarro finished his sandwich then he stood up and made his way out of the diner.

I sighed irritably and rolled my eyes. I was not even halfway done with my pancakes. I took one last bite and took a tissue to wipe my mouth before leaving the diner, following Navarro.

We walked to the alley way, where we agreed to meet with our "associates". Two men were waiting for us: a big man with a scruffy beard and curly hair and a smaller man with a black cap. I presumed the bigger guy is the boss.

"Hey, good morning! Have you guys had breakfast yet? There's a diner just close by, you should try their banana chocolate pancakes. They're amazing." I said with enthusiasm.

"What?" The bigger guy asked, sounding irritated and clearly uninterested.

"Oh, I was just trying to make a conversation. Plus, they really make good pancakes." I explained, emphasizing the word "good".

"I don't care about the damn pancakes. Do you have the money?"

"Do you have the product?" Navarro asked them, his face serious.

"Yeah." The other man unzipped the bag he was carrying, revealing packets of illegal powdered drug.

"Now, where's our money?"

Navarro lifted the briefcase he was carrying and opened it, "One million, like what we talked about."

"Actually, I changed my mind." He said.

"What do you mean you changed your mind?" I asked, my forehead creased.

"Here's a new deal, how about we keep the drug and the money." He proposed.

Navarro faked a laugh which immediately switched into a serious and poker face.

"How about you don't get anything?" Navarro protested.

They both looked at us with angry faces, hands balled into fists, ready for some action.

"Deal's over, idiots." I announced.