Chapter 4

Chapter 4

You ever get that feeling when you start your morning bad then it gets worse through the day?

One day, I was walking on the streets, so bummed out because I lost my job for defending my workmate. I already saw it coming though. My boss... ex-boss hates my guts.

So yeah, I was basically unemployed. I was walking on the streets until I passed by an alley-way and saw a man cornering a woman, she looked terrified. His hands gripped on her collar, I watched as she begged for him to let go of her.

My temper boiled up at the scene and my hands balled into fists. I could just ignore them and continue walking, mind my own business but no, I couldn't and I won't. So, I made my way to the alley-way.

I coughed to get the man's attention. He looked at me.

"Pare, may problema ba dito?" I asked him, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Ah, wala wala. May konting hindi pagkakaintindihan lang kami nitong asawa ko." he said, removing his grip on her collar but was now holding her wrist. I could tell he was gripping tight on her wrist.

With the way he was gripping her and the terrified look on her face, I am not buying his story. I looked at the woman then back at the man, my eyes narrowed as I speak.

"Alam mo bang mali ang sinasaktan ang babae?" I positioned myself as I was saying that in case he makes a move on me.

And I was right.

"Eh bakit ka ba nakikialam?!"

He aimed to punch me on the face but I was quick enough to duck and I took that opportunity to punch him on the stomach causing him to crouch down in pain. But he wasn't done. As soon as he stood up, he tried punching me again but I managed to catch his fist and twisted his arm and for my final move, I kicked him right on his crotch. Yeah, that got him whining.

"Umalis ka na at wag na wag ka nang lalapit dito," I said, referring to the woman who still looked scared.

"Dahil pag nakita kita ulit na sinasaktan mo siya, ipapakulong kita. Maliwanag?"

He nodded in fear.

"Ano pang hinihintay mo? Alis!"

And he quickly ran away, nearly tripping on the ground.

"Maraming salamat po..." the woman said to me.

I looked at her and nodded.

When I walked out of the alley-way, nagulat ako sa lalakeng nakasandal sa may pader, nakasuot siya ng salamin at naka-suit. He looked at me and gave me a smile but in return, I just walked pass by him.

But he followed me and caught up with my pace.

"I saw what you did back there. That's really heroic of you. Where did you learn those moves?" he asked.

"I took classes." I replied shortly.

"I see. Look, what if I offer you a job? We could really use someone like you."

I turned to him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"What kind of job is that?" I asked, getting suspicious.

Who is this man anyway? And why is he suddenly offering me a job. Baka scam 'to ah.

"If you come with me, I can give you a better explanation."

I gave a sarcastic laugh.

"What makes you think that I will come with you? I don't even know you. You could be a murderer for goodness' sake. No thanks, I'm heading home." I told him and walked a little faster.