3. All This Love

"I've got all this love, nothing to do with it now, when you gonna come and get it?" -All this love - JP Cooper (Feat

"I've got all this love, nothing to do with it now, when you gonna come and get it?" -All this love - JP Cooper (Feat. Mali-Kao)

Alex

There he stood, a halo of white sunlight framing his body like a heaven-sent angel. So familiar, yet just a stranger in my eyes. It's surreal to see him, meet him, talk to him and touch him because up and till now he had been nothing but flecks of memory and stories told by Barton, Wanda and the rest of the Avengers. Staring out the window by the fire escape, Pietro stood in a Daze.
"Welcome to my fortress of solitude" I  break the heavy silence filling the air between us.
He turns and smiles brightly at me, his eyes scanning the rundown apartment.
"A lot smaller then I expected, where the man of steel at?"
I roll my eyes, "I don't believe we've ever formally met...Wanda has told me a lot about you"
I slowly pace over towards the speedster who turns to me with a grin, "I am Pietro Maximoff"
He holds out his hand and gladly take it, "I am Alex Zeller" I pause and look over to my small open plan kitchen, "do you want some coffee or food...how about I cook you dinner and you can tell me how the actual fuck you're alive?" I question, my mind running over my kitchens inventory, I could probably make a chicken stir fry for two.
he pauses as if to evaluate my offer but the look on his face and the quiet rumbling of his stomach told me he had already made up his mind, "okay, sounds like a deal" he nods his head and I immediately stroll into the kitchen and retrieve a large Wok from the cupboard next to the stove.
"So, foxy, you single?" I was a couple of seconds away from turning around and frisbeeing this wok at his head.
"Why'd you ask?" I peer at him over my shoulder, he was now leaning on the edge of the kitchen table, his legs crossed at the ankles and his arms folded over his chest, his head tilted to the side and his jaw clenched. He was looking at me like an oil painting,
"Because last I heard, you were running around doing the tango with the winter soldier"
I slam the wok down, metal clattering against metal as I the large pan knocks a cutting knife off of the counter. Before I could even react the knife was being held in front of me, Pietro's face behind it.
"It's none of your business" I hiss.
"No it's not, it's just the gossip I heard going around Hydra" he says placing down the knife.
I forgot Quicksilver was a result of Hydra and that Pietro and Wanda have both suffered the same horrors that Bucky and I experienced.
"Do something useful and get the..." before I could even finish my sentence he zipped to the fridge and back and had a variety of vegetables and some chicken on the counter in front of him.
"How'd you know what I was making?" I raise my eyebrows at him as he picks up the knife.
"Well, no offence with an apartment like this I can imagine you can't afford a lot of food and with your history you probably can't remember how to really make anything but the basics and besides what else can you really cook in a wok besides a stir fry"
"Good deductions sherlock, your brain, it works faster then normal doesn't it? I tried reading your thoughts earlier and all I could hear was this high frequency"
"You tried to read my thoughts? You can do that?" He asks, chopping up a red pepper.
"Not very well...how are you...how are you alive Pietro?" I ask staring at the side of his face. He looked really tired, dark circles and sunken eyes, he had an unkept beard and his clothes seemed to cling onto his body like they once fit him. His hair was dyed dark brown and he wore all black, he's been on the run for a while by the looks of it.
"That's a long story"
"I have time"