5. Ruin my life

"I want you to ruin my life" Zara Larsson

The second my foot entered my apartment I was greeted by a chorus of complaints from the Sokovian sitting in the kitchen stuffing his face with a bacon sandwich.

"my day was great thanks how are you?" I grin sarcastically as I dump my bag into the kitchen table, staring intently at the speedster. He smiled at me and I felt riddled with guilt. I'm hiding him from the avengers, I'm hiding him from his sister, who mourns his death everyday since he died.
"What are you thinking about foxy?" He chirps tilting head head, staring up at me in curiosity.
"You need to tell the avengers you're alive" I breath out.
Pietro pauses, placing his sand which down on a plate.
"Why?"
Do you ever just roll your eyes so hard you temporarily go blind.
"What do you mean why? Your sister needs you, the avengers need you. Listen Wanda hasn't been right since you...died...and her headspace is even worse now after what just happened in Lagos, I think she needs her brother. If you don't tell her soon, I will. She's my friend and I'm not keeping this big of a secret from her, she deserves to know" Wanda had been laying on my mind for a while, wondering how she'd react to pietro being alive, wondering how she'd react to me keeping it a secret.
It had only been 3 days, 3 more days I've kept Wanda away from her brother.
Pietro looked deep in thought, his eyes focussed on the grooves of the wooden table.
"Please" I whisper, placing my hands flat in the table and leaning towards him.
"Who's Damon?"
"What?" How the fuck does he know about Damon?
"Damon? Is your little amnesiac brain working today?"
"Damon is...Damon is no one, why?"
"Why is no one repeatedly calling you?" Pietro holds up my phone between his fingers, the cracked screen lit up with Damon's stupid face. When did pietro get a hold of my phone? I had it all day at work and I just stepped into the damn house.
"Shit" I gasp reaching over the table and snatching the phone from his grasp.
I press answer and pace away from the table, "Damon hi I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner I've been at work"
"It's okay, nothing urgent...I was just wondering if you wanted to swing round my place tomorrow, we're having a party for felicity's 29th birthday"
Pietro had left his place at the table and now stood next to me, leaning his face close to the phone, trying to hear my conversation.
"Oh uhhm" I look at pietro, his face spread into a grin, holding to thumbs up 'do it' his lips mouthed.
"Yeah okay sounds fun, haven't seen felicity or...Evan in a while"
"Okay great, so tomorrow at 5 at well our old house and you can bring a plus one if you like, maybe the winter soldier or captain America" Damon jokes and Pietro immediately elbows me in the ribs and starts grinning even wider.
"Okay okay sounds great, I'll see you then"
"Bye Alex"
"By Damon"
The line goes dead and I immediately shove pietro away from me.
"You are not coming" I hiss at him.
"Oh come on it'll be fun and I'm bored in here" Pietro pouts.
"Oh yeah cause bringing a dead avenger to my ex boyfriends fiancés party sounds like a good fucking idea."
"ex boyfriend huh? What went wrong with you?"
"I was kidnapped and brain washed and turned into a killing machine, some would say that would put a damper on your relationship" I mutter crossing my arms over my chest.
"Oh come on let me come, I can be your new hot European boyfriend, you can't go to your ex's fiancées party single Alex"
"How do I explain to them that my new hot European boyfriend has a death certificate?"
"They won't recognise me, come on please" Pietro slings am around my shoulder and gives me puppy dog eyes which looked so much like his sisters.
"Fine but we aren't staying long...I can't stand being around these people"
"Ohh What will I wear?" He suddenly sighs in a very dramatic and high pitched voice.
"Not this" I scrunch my face and push his arm off me.
"That means we are going shopping"
"This day couldn't get worse" I huff rubbing my face.