Chapter 5: Three's A Party

Edward held his breath as the creature stepped into the dim light. It crept slowly out of the shadows, until it stood fully in the light. The shadows got caught in it's wrinkled, mangled face as it smiled evilly at the two men with swords pointed towards it's throat. His teeth were plated in solid gold, glittering in the light like a sick treasure that had been hidden for years past. His left eye was scarred, burned all the way over towards his hair line, a deep, glistening pink. His skin was grey and lifeless, dull and almost stone like against his grey, matted hair. His eyes were crazed, black like licorice, bloodshot and darting from one corner of the room to the next in rapid movments as his hands twisted and turned, wringing as if plotting a grand robbery scheme.

His clothes were worn and tattered, but quite sharp looking. A pin striped suit with a black and red tie was neatly clothing his body, but from the waist down he resembled a ghost. His legs were replaced by a tail, a swirling black mist as he floated around the room like fog. He cackled and mumbled to himself. Edward squirmed in his mind, but kept himself to a brave stance.

"Greed! Show me your chambers, so i can destroy you!" cried Astaroth, lurching towards the slumped creature who cowarded away and nodded hastily.

"Yessss... But don't steal... My riches... Many men have tried... But do not touch my riches..."

They followed him through the dark until he let light shed onto his vast corridors piled with golden coins and treasures, jewels shining in the bright light. Astaroth immediately took up a sword to the left of him and drove it into the creatures turned back.

"Hahaha! Weak..."  the creature cackled as he spun up into the air, flinging the sword back at Astaroth and Edward.

Edward ducked and hid behind a silver sheild to the right of him, then looked up to see the creature soaring above the two men, arms outstretched to the sky. He laughed as all daggers, swords, spears, and knives rose into the air, pointed down at the two men that lay victim below him.

Astaroth dived for Edward's sheild as the deadly downpour started, and made it just in time to protect himself. All was well, until Edward spotted a growing blackish red stain on Astaroth's ankle.

"Astaroth... You're bleeding!" he exclaimed as he pulled out the small dagger and laid it beside him. Astaroth grunted in pain and gripped his ankle tightly, doubling over in pain.

"Damn..." he winced and applied pressure to his wound, rocking back and forth slightly.

Edward's eyes darted across the room in a panic, his heart and mind racing as he tried to find something to kill Greed with.

"Edward," said Astaroth, and Edward looked at him. Astaroth reached into his pocket and took out a small blue bottle. "Once you drink this, you have a short amount of time to find the Stone of Light. It shouldn't be hard to miss." Edward took the bottle and nodded, placing his pale hand on Astaroth's shoulder, who smiled slightly before urging his friend to go complete the task he was given.

Edward stepped out into the open, boldly facing Greed, who was still high in the air.

"Foe, be no more," he addressed the enemy, while taking out the bottle. Greed scowled down at him and then quickly realized that he was about to be ended, but it was too late. Edward swiftly popped the cork out of the bottle and drank the blue liquid in one gulp.

Time stood still. Edward rushed around the large room, rummaging through the golden piles hastily, desperately trying to find the Stone of Light. He was running out of time, and he needed to find it fast. The room was impossibly vast and Edward began to give up hope as the last seconds ticked by.