An Unlikely Aftermath

I suddenly bolted up straight taking in the scenery around me. Everything was blurry. I expected to be in a hospital after a failed attempt. Tears sprung to my eyes, anticipating the worst. Lindsey and Bandit standing around my bed with hatred on their faces. The whole failed sob story.

To my dismay it never came. Infact, I wasn't even in a hospital. I appeared to be in some sort of bus. What?

"Lindsey!" I breathed out shakily. Suddenly a small yet tight pair of arms wrapped around me tight and securing.

"Lyn-z? As in Ballato?" A tired voice whispered in my ear. Okay this is just getting weird. I recognized that voice though. That sweet beautiful voice that was constantly stuck in my head. Frank's voice.

I quickly turned myself around in the bed only to see the most adorable young boy curled up next to me. He nestled his head into my chest and sighed. "What about Lyn-z Ballato?" he asked seeming slightly annoyed.

"Um, well, she's my wife. Where is she? where am I? Is Bandit okay?!" I asked more frantically this time.

Frank stiffened. "She's not your wife Gerard. You kissed her once while you were drunk like two nights ago." He seemed kind of ticked off.

Woah woah. Drunk?! I've been sober for a long time now! Kissed once? Huh? I tried to remember everything that had happened over the years. Maybe I was going crazy.

Hmmm all I can seem to remember is that I played a show a few years ago where I kissed Frank on stage and then we sort of fell for each other that night. Then all I can remember after that was suddenly not being in a band anymore and being married to Lyn-z with a child. Then I committed suicide because I liked Frank? What? This is all too weird for me.

When my eyes slightly adjusted I almost screamed. I was in our tour bus from 2004. I grabbed my head only to grasp a handful of long black hair. I can't even remember what it had been with Lyn-z and what ever my kids name was. Did we have a kid? I don't even know anymore.

"Gee did you have a bad dream?" Frank asked dreamily as he pulled me in closer for a hug. He smelled strongly of cigarettes and booze. It was wonderful. "You hit your head pretty hard earlier when we.. um.. ya know." He stated awkwardly using weird hand gestures.

"We had sex?!" I semi yelled. Franks cheeks were tinted deep crimson before there was a thud and I looked up to see my brother standing before us with his signature glasses perched on his nose.

"Ew! Guys it's only 7 am and we don't have to play until three! Go to bed and stop making love you gaybies" Mikey jokingly laughed at us earning an approving grunt from Ray who I assumed was in the bunk above mine.

"No," Frank said sternly, yet still obviously embarrassed at my previous statement. "You uh kissed me on stage last night and then got really drunk and we sort of made out." He trailed off. It was only now that I realized I had a huge hangover headache. "You must've dreamed that you married Lyn-z. Your self conscious was probably coming up with a result to get rid of my existence." he sighed again, standing up to go to the bathroom only to reveal that he was wearing boxers and nothing else. I myself was wearing skinny jeans, but no shirt.

I thought back to my apparent dream that seemed so real. It was fading and all I could remember now, other then the fact I married Lyn-z, was that I committed suicide because I couldn't have Frank. But, I had only kissed Frank for the first time last night right? The best night in my life. To bad I got drunk and ruined it. I thought back to it and how much I truly loved Frank as more then just a band mate or best friend. I loved him as something much more than that. And while I have the chance, I'm going to show him exactly what I meant.

I stood up and made my way over to the small bathroom that Frank had enclosed himself in and rapidly knocked on the door.

"Frankie open up. I gotta talk to you. It's important." I heard a few sniffles from inside and the door slowly creaked open revealing the most beautiful boy known to this world.

I stepped into the small area and before Frank could even open his mouth, he was pulled into my tight embrace as I hugged out all the passion I could muster up from that dream. Moments later when I finally pulled away, he looked up at me and smiled sympathetically, finally opening his mouth to speak for the first time.

"So do you think your mind is trying to tell you that you're going to marry Lyn-z?" He asked, voice sounding extremely weak and worried for the answer.

"Not a chance." I replied taking his hands in mine. "Frank, I know I only made my first move on you last night but the dream I had just told me all the right answers."

His face dropped, seeming hopeless and defeated. I wouldn't let this happen so I grabbed his face and forced him to look into my eyes before I leant in and conformed my thoughts.

Our lips touched. It was just as magical as last night. Only this time Frank was more hesitant to respond, but sure enough, his lips caught mine soon and he started to gently suck on my bottom lip. I grabbed his hair and pulled us closer together, deepening our innocent kiss into something more.

The moment my tongue glided over his bottom lip, he silently agreed, letting me explore his mouth in our first non-public or drunken kiss.

I'm sure we made out in the bathroom for a good three minutes. When I pulled away to look at Frank, I could see the pure joy, hope, and love in his eyes.

I stood back and took his hands. "Frank, will you be my boyfriend." I said smoothly, seeing as how confident I was to this situation, solely based on the boy I was asking.

He looked at me and smiled his adorable smile before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. For such a little cutie, he was so strong! He looked up at me and whispered the best word ever.

"Yes."