3. Allah (S.W.T) is the Sustainer and Provider

3. Putting your trust in Allah Azzawajal:

وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ  ﴿١١﴾؅

"Allah is the best of providers."
(Surah Jumu'ah, chapter 62, verse 11)

Before we begin, we need to understand that Allah (S.W.T) is the one who is ultimately the Sustainer and Provider. Allah (S.W.T) mentions in the Noble Qur'an in Surah Hud, chapter 11, verse 6:

وَمَا مِنْ دَابَّةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَّا عَلَى اللَّهِ رِزْقُهَا وَيَعْلَمُ مُسْتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسْتَوْدَعَهَا ۚ كُلٌّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُبِينٍ  ﴿٦﴾؅

"And there is no creature on earth but that upon Allah is its provision, and He knows its place of dwelling and place of storage. All is in a clear register."

Allah (S.W.T) himself has taken the responsibility of providing sustenance to all living beings in this world (humans, animals, birds, fish and all the creatures of the earth).

We need to build up our Tawakkul that Allah (S.W.T) is the Sustainer and Provider. Just reflect momentarily on the system of Allah (S.W.T) and you will see Allah (S.W.T)'s Greatness.

Think of the last meal you ate. How many people were involved in the production of the meal? The farmer, the labourers, the packagers, the transportation personnel, the wholesalers, the retailers and finally, you. During this process each one received their Rizq.

Reflect on the lifecycle of animals and plants. How masterfully, one species is dependent on the next species. Pondering on the system of how Allah (S.W.T) provides for his creation causes our Imaan and Tawakkul in Allah (S.W.T) to grow.

Once we develop our trust and Yaqeen in Allah (S.W.T), it then becomes easy for us to turn to Allah (S.W.T) for all our needs. When this happens then Allah (S.W.T) will provide for you directly or make a means to provide for you.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If only you relied on Allah a true reliance, He would provide sustenance for you just as He does the birds: They fly out in the morning empty and return in the afternoon with full stomachs.
(Ahmad, An-Nasa'I, Ibn Majah, Al-Hakim and At-Tirmidhi)

An Incident:
Sayyiduna Moosa (A.S) reached the mountain of Tur in search of fire, what he found was not fire but Divine Light. He was made a Nabi and was commanded to go Egypt so that the Pharaoh and his people could be brought on the right path. It then occurred to him (A.S) that he left his wife in the wilderness all alone – who would take care of her? To remove this doubt from his heart, Allah (S.W.T) asked Sayyiduna Moosa (A.S) to strike with his stick the rock in front of him, When he (A.S) struck the rock, the rock split and out came another rock, he (A.S) struck the rock and out came a third rock. He (A.S) struck the rock again and out came a small worm with a leaf in its mouth. It was hymning, "Glory be to Him who looked at me, who heard me and knows where I am, who remembered me and did not forget me." When Moosa (A.S) saw this, he (A.S) was immediately appeased and set forth to Egypt.

A poet has beautifully mentioned:

Allah (S.W.T) says in the Noble Qur'an:
"And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose. Verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion."
(Surah Al-Talaq, chapter 65, verse 3)

Let us all try and develop our Tawakkul in Allah (S.W.T) and then see how He will increase our provisions for us, In sha Allah!

May Allah (S.W.T) makes us all amongst those, who keeps an unshakable trust on Him even in the toughest and roughest of the situations. And may He (S.W.T) makes us amongst those, who always remember Him and be grateful to Him for all the blessed moments.