5. The Gift of Salah

وَأْمُرْ أَهْلَكَ بِالصَّلَاةِ وَاصْطَبِرْ عَلَيْهَا ۖ لَا نَسْأَلُكَ رِزْقًا ۖ نَحْنُ نَرْزُقُكَ ۗ وَالْعَاقِبَةُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ

"And enjoin prayer upon your family [and people] and be steadfast therein. We ask you not for provision; We provide for you, and the [best] outcome is for [those of] righteousness."
(Qur'an- Surah Taa-Haa, chapter 20, verse 132).

It is mentioned in a Hadith that Allah Ta'ala Jalla Jala Lahu bestows five favours on a person who is mindful of his Salaat, viz; His daily bread is made easy for him, he is saved from the punishment of the grave, he will receive his book of deeds in his right hand on the day of Judgement, he will cross the Siraat with the speed of lightning and will enter paradise without reckoning. (Fazaail Amaal).

One of the companions reports that when the household of Rasulullah (S.A.W.S) were hard pressed in any way, He would enjoin upon them Salaah and recite the above verse.

وَأْمُرْ أَهْلَكَ بِالصَّلَاةِ وَاصْطَبِرْ عَلَيْهَا ۖ لَا نَسْأَلُكَ رِزْقًا ۖ نَحْنُ نَرْزُقُكَ ۗ وَالْعَاقِبَةُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ

"And enjoin prayer upon your family [and people] and be steadfast therein. We ask you not for provision; We provide for you, and the [best] outcome is for [those of] righteousness."
(Qur'an- Surah Taa-Haa, chapter 20, verse 132).

It is also mentioned in Tasfeer Ibn Kathir that if you establish Salaah, Rizq will come to you from where you cannot comprehend.

Salaah is a gift from Allah Ta'ala Jalla Jala Lahu to us. It is an easy way of establishing your link to the Best of Providers. By making effort on our Salaah and being steadfast on it, In-Shaa-Allah all our difficulties will be removed.

To illustrate the point of Salah further, just imagine your life without this great act of ibadah. Where would Barakah come from? For those of you who are still wavering in your Salah, please get back on track; this is your lifeline for the final destination in the hereafter, and the daily food for your soul.

When you are faced with financial pressure, turn to Allah Ta'ala Jalla Jala Lahu and make sincere Duaa. Ask Allah Ta'ala Jalla Jala Lahu to open the way for your livelihood and ask for Barakah in your wealth.

When Nabi (S.A.W.S) faced any difficulty he would at once resort to Salaah. To resort to Salaah at a time of worry is to hasten toward His mercy, and when Allah‟s mercy descends, there can remain no trace of any worry. Nabi (S.A.W.S) advised us that even if you want (a mundane thing like) a shoe lace ask Allah Ta'ala Jalla Jala Lahu to provide it for you. Performing Salaah is the best way of asking Allah Ta'ala Jalla Jala Lahu for your needs.

An Incident:
Hazrat Thumaamah bin Abdullah narrates that during the summer months, the caretaker of Hazrat Anas (R.A) orchard came to him complaining about the drought. Hazrat Anas (R.A) sent for some water, made wudhu and started performing salaah. He then asked the man if he could see anything (any clouds). When the man reported in that he saw nothing, Hazrat Anas (R.A) returned indoors and again performed Salaah. It was after the third or fourth time of asking the man to look, that the man reported back to say that he saw a cloud the size of a birds wing. Hazrat Anas (R.A) then continued performing salaah and making Duaa until the caretaker came to him and said. "The sky had become overcast and rain had fallen." Hazrat Anas (R.A) said to him, "Take the horse that Bishr bin Shigaaf had sent and see up to where the rain had reached." When the man went to have a look, he discovered that the rain had not fallen further then Moosayyireen and the Ghadbaan areas. ( i.e. it had fallen precisely on the land belonging to Hazrat Anas (R.A). - Hayaatus Sahaba.