4. Saying Bismillah

When you say "Bismillah" before anything you do, you're invoking the Name of Allah on that activity; not only will that activity be blessed but shaytaan cannot take part in it!

So always say "Bismillah" before anything you do! SubhanaAllah, it's easy for us to forget to say "Bismillah." Sometimes we're so used to saying it that we cannot remember whether we said it or not!

Try to be conscious of saying "Bismillah" and understand what you're saying before your action is performed.

********

"Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem" is the first verse of the first chapter (Surah Al-Fatihah) of the Qur'an. The fact that the word of Allah, the Qur'an, starts with this first verse, alone signifies the importance of this verse and further emphasizes the need to start all our tasks in the name of Allah.

Every good action or deed should be started with reciting Bismillah.

When Prophet Sulaiman (A.S) wrote the letter to the Queen, he started it with Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem, as mentioned in the Qur'an itself.

29. (The Queen of Sheba) said (when she received the letter): O chieftains! Lo! there hath been thrown unto me a noble letter.
30. Lo! it is from Solomon, and lo! it is: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful;
[Al-Quran, Surah Al-Naml, chapter 27, Verses 29-30]

Some places where you should never forget saying Bismillah as mentioned in the Ahadeeth.

1) Saying Bismillah Is Recommended When Entering The House:

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
I heard Messenger of Allah () saying, "If a person mentions the Name of Allah upon entering his house or eating, Satan says, addressing his followers: 'You will find no where to spend the night and no dinner.' But if he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah, Satan says (to his followers); 'You have found (a place) to spend the night in, and if he does not mention the Name of Allah at the time of eating, Satan says: 'You have found (a place) to spend the night in as well as food."'
[Muslim].
Sunnah.com reference : Book 3, Hadith 3
Arabic/English book reference :Book 3, Hadith 730

2) Saying Bismillah Is Recommended When Leaving The House:

The Messenger Of Allah (S.A.W.S) said,
"If anyone of you when leaving the house says In the name of Allah, I trust in Allah, there is no power and might except from Allah. Your needs shall be fulfilled, you shall be saved from difficulties and hardships. Shaitaan hearing these words leaves him."
[Al-Trimidhi 2/493]

3) Saying Bismillah Is Recommended Before Eating:

'Umar bin Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Messenger of Allah (), said to me, "Mention Allah's Name (i.e., say Bismillah before starting eating), eat with your right hand, and eat from what is near you."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 3, Hadith 1
Arabic/English book reference :Book 3, Hadith 728

'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:
Messenger of Allah () said, "When any of you wants to eat, he should mention the Name of Allah in the begining, (i.e., say Bismillah). If he forgets to do it in the beginning, he should say Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (I begin with the Name of Allah at the beginning and at the end)."
[At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].
Sunnah.com reference : Book 3, Hadith 2
Arabic/English book reference :Book 3, Hadith 729