Support

"I'm not going," I yell at the door. My younger sister is forcing me to go to a stupid support group for other people with Cancer.

"You only have five friends Alec," she screamed back, pounding the door. "And they're you adopted brother, nine-year old brother, me, Clary, and Simon!"

"Clary and Simon are not my friends," I tell her. Clary is Jace's girlfriend who is a pain on my ass, and Simon is Isabelle's nerd boyfriend who I never like.

"Then it's only your family then!" She stared to pound on the door harder. I slowly back from the door, knowing that she will break the wood.

She's done it eleven times already.

"If I go, do you promise to dump Simon?" I ask, knowing that she wouldn't do it.

"Yes," she answers.

"Okay then," I reply, grabbing my oxygen tank. I open my bedroom door, slowly, suspecting Isabelle to grab me in a death grip, and dragging me to her car. She's there with her pink iPhone up to her ear.

"Simon, were through," she says before she hangs up. She then dials another number and puts it back to her ear. "Simon, I miss you. Please come back!" She waits for a response. "Yeah! I love you!"

"I hate you sometimes," I sneer as she laughs.

"Be more specific next time," she mocks. I sigh, knowing that my sister would always get the best of me. I walk down the stairs, as my sister tells me all the good this could for me, but I don't want to listen. It will eventually go to "you'll find a boyfriend."

When we reach the bottom, my adopted brother, Jace is making out with his girlfriend, Clary, a girl with hair as red as the devil.

Yeah, I have feelings for my adopted brother, but it's not wrong. He was adopted when I was eleven, and he goes by his old name, Wayland.

He was laying on his back, with Clary on top of him. His golden hair was messed up, as well as Clary's. I can see the way they look at each other, when they finally pull away. His golden eyes shimmered, looking at the Emerald eyes looking down on him. It was a look I only wish he would look at me with.

But, he doesn't even know I'm gay. Only Isabelle knows, and that was on accident. When I was thirteen, when I found out that I was both gay, and had Thyroid cancer, I was in the hospital when Isabelle came in. I was tired, and I was under the influence of laughing gas, because I was so nervous before. She asked me what was wrong, and I told her everything.

I knew I couldn't tell anyone else, because my parents are MAJOR homophobics, Max is to young, and Jace would think of me differently.

"I love you," said Jace, playing with Clary's hair. "Always."

"Always," replies Clary. I felt sick. They always did this in front of me. They will say "always" or "forever" making me remember that I might die because of a stupid tumor inside me.

Isabelle then pulls me toward the door, probably knowing what I'm thinking.

When we get outside, we're greeted with a bright lightning bolt and a loud clap of thunder.

"Nice day," I said, hoping that she got the sarcasm.

"Suck it up," she said harshly as she opened my door.

"I'm a big boy, Isabelle. I can open my own door." She sighs before moving to her side. I hope in, placing my tank between my legs. she starts the car, and drives toward in inner city. I've been there a few times, but I hate the stares people give me. I fell because they know I'm gay, but it actually because of my air tank.

"We're here," Isabelle says, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Already?" I ask.

"Already? We have been driving for thirty minutes!" I nod, knowing that when I think, I lose track of time. I open my door, murmuring under my breathe what a bitch Isabelle is, but she just sighs.

"I'm gonna go run some errands for mom and dad. I'll be back when this is done." I nodded, before walking away toward the building. "Make some friends!" Yelled Izzy, before she sped off. I walked toward the building.

It looked liked an abandoned church. It was made of dark wood, with golden designs on each of it's many, never ending roofs. It was surrounded with a stone wall, and an iron gate. A sign was placed on the side of the gate.

The Institute of New York

Hospital and Support group for the disabled and sick.

I sighed, knowing I'm in both categories. The gates open without any problem, except for the layer of rust and the loud squeak. I walk to the front of the door, were it a sign showed it was open. Goodie for me.

I walk inside, were a sign pointed toward a corridor, that ended with an elevator and a staircase. Waiting at the elevator, was a girl with caramel skin, wearing bright pink and green, zebra stripped pants, that were a few sizes too tight, a light blue shirt with fake diamonds on it, and her hair dyed and spiked in many directions.

She turns around to face me. I'm surprised to see that it's a boy. He's wearing more makeup then Izzy, and his eyes were dilated like a cats. He smiled and his mouth moved, but I heard nothing but my heart pounding.

Boom, Clap. That's the sound of my heart. That beat goes on, and on, and on, and on.

I look a away, hoping he won't see my blush. I catch a glance, seeing him stare at my with a wide smile.

"What are you staring at?" I asked, hoping I don't have anything in my teeth or on my face.

"I like to stare at attractive things." A laugh-no, a snort-escaped my mouth, making me blush. Why did I have to be so rude in front of the Adam Lambert twin who is so much hotter?

"I'm not, attractive," I say, hoping that the damn elevator will get here. He laughed, crossing his arms across his chest, doing great things for his biceps.

"Your underestimating yourself Alexander Gideon," the boy said, making me jump.

"How do you know my first and middle name?"

"It's on your air tank." I look down, at there it was.

Alexander Gideon Lightwood

"My name is Magnus Bane," the boy said, as the elevator doors opened.

"That's a lovely name," I said, knowing what it meant in Latin: Great Destruction.

-

By the time the meeting was over, I learned that Magnus had eye cancer in both eyes, but they removed it and let them keep his eyes, only with the pupils changing in silts. He was only there to support his friend, Tessa Gray, who had Osteosarcoma. His worst fear-besides the choices of losing all his glitter, wearing only black, being unpopular, and not seeing me-is dying having many whom he loved, die before he.

I wait outside, as Tessa and a boy with silver hair, silver eyes, and Asian features are kissing.

"That's Jem Carstairs," said a voice making me jump. Besides me, is Magnus. "Her boyfriend who is best friends with her other love, William Herondale." I look, and see a boy with black hair and blue eyes staring at the two.

"Why is she dating Jem, if she loves Will?" I ask.

"His cancer is stage four, and he doesn't want to hurt her." I nod, knowing what it feels like having stage four cancer and not forcing love in.

"Why don't you come to my house," he said, shaking me from going any deeper into thought.

"I don't think so," I say. "I mean, my sister gets worried."

"I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with it." Said Isabelle, who just pulled up. "As long as you use a condom." She speeds off, laughing as I'm pretty sure I'm becoming red with both anger and embarrassment.

"It's settled!" Yelled Magnus, pulling me to a bright yellow pickup truck.