01

THE FIRST DAY of sophomore year was almost the same as last year, just dulled at the fact that Carolynn was still in high school

THE FIRST DAY of sophomore year was almost the same as last year, just dulled at the fact that Carolynn was still in high school. She'd grabbed a ride with Caroline to school, seemung that she was more than willing as long as Carolynn's uncle was offering coffee to get through the early morning.

Caroline chatted away in excitement, ready to start her junior year and already planning her end of school party. Caroline loved to plan ahead events that may not even happen. One of their first conversations was about her planning a June wedding.

Carolynn just looked out the winow as she drank out of the disposable coffee cups from the dollarstore her uncle bought after realizing the fascination of coffee teenagers had. Carolynn couldn't wait to leave school, but was sad that she would have to endure one full year without her friends once they went to college.

Entering the school was blurred as Caroline dragged the younger girl down the halls. Carolynn spotted her other two friends down the hall as they got closer. Caroline gasped liudly as she pulled Elena into the biggest hug.

"Elena, my god!" Elena gave her a few pats. She sent a wave to Carolynn from over the blondes shoulder. "Are you ok? Is she good?" Caroline asked Bonnie as she held Elena's shoulders.

"I'm fine, really." Elena then dismissed Caroline's hands to hug Carolynn, who embraced her wholeheartedly. The two had become a lot closer over the summer, Carolynn practically lived at the Gilbert house for the summer. She just really wanted to be there for them.

"How are you?" Elena asks, rubbing Carolynn's back slowly. She smiled, letting her head tuck against hers for a moment. "I'm good."

Elena had confided in Carolynn quite a bit over the summer, seeing as Jeremy wouldn't talk about his feelings. It was either her diary or an actual person that coukd listen or give advice.

"Has Jeremy said anything?" Elena also relied on Carolynn to inform her about her drug abusing brother. Despite beung there for him, Jeremy had chosen the stoner life and decuded drugs were the best option for his pain.

Carolynn shook her head. "Nothing that wasn't already said. I think he just wants to get over it." Elena sighed. Losing a parent, rather two, was not something you could just get over in an instant. It required time and healing.

Caroline pulled on her friend's arm. "Come on! We'll see you guys later." Carolynn waved to Bonnie and Elena as she was pulled away. In the blur of students and Caroline's terrible navigation skills, Carolynn bumped harshly into another person.

"I'm so sorry!" She called, seeing the guy with sunglasses give her a small smile and a nod before continuing his way down the hall.

"God Caroline, you just made me hit someone!"

"Well start walking faster and maybe you wont trip over your own feet." Carolynn rolled her eyes but listened and picked up the pace.

It was going to be a long day.