02

THE SCHOOL WAS buzzing about the annual bonefire happening on Friday, something Carolynn didn't care much for

THE SCHOOL WAS buzzing about the annual bonefire happening on Friday, something Carolynn didn't care much for. She hadn't gone last year, only spent the night with her father. But this year, Caroline was practically begging her.

"Come on! Please! It won't be as much fun without you there." Carolynn sighed as she closed her locker door. "It was probably fun last year. Boys, booze, you're set for the night. It's just not my thing." She shrugged and attempted to move forward but Caroline stopped her.

"But you don't know what your thing it. You do the same thing everyday. Go to the school, the Grill, visit your dad in the hos--" Carolynn placed her hand over Caroline's mouth. She didn't need people knowing about her father. The less the better.

"Look, I'm just not comfortable in that kind of atmosphere. Now just drop it, please." Carolynn whispered, then dropped her hand from it's place. Caroline nodded and let Carolynn pass with ease.

It was hard to rile up Carolynn, but Caroline had an easy way of doing it. Jeremy caught eye of Carolynn stomping down the hallway and immediately caught her arms. "Hey, you ok?" Her hesitation made him think the worse. "Is it your dad?" His face fell. She shook her head. "Just Caroline." Jeremy nodded in understanding.

"Don't let her get to you." He put an arm around her shoulder. "What was it this time?" She didn't want to admit what had gotten her so upset, it was going to sound stupid coming from her mouth. "She was bugging me to go to the bonfire on friday and was about just claim to the whole school about my sick father just to prove a point of my boring life."

Jeremy sighed. "Your life is anything but boring. She just doesn't know when to stop." Carolynn nodded. Jeremy was right. "Not to push it anymore, but you really should come to it. I'm even going."

Carolynn looked up at him. "Really? Why? An excuse to get drunk?" Jeremy rolled his eyes playfully. "Yes and no. Vicky is going." Carolynn frowned. Vicky Donovan. Matt Donovan's older sister. Carolynn didn't have a problem with her personally, it was just the fact that she was the reason Jeremy had gone down this path in the first place.

He was vunerable and gave her an opportunity to sneak in and trap him. With her and drugs. Vicky's name had a terrible taste in Carolynn's mouth. She wouldn't be sad if she didn't have to hear that name again. Alas, that's all Jeremy's mind seemed to be occupied with besides drugs.

Carolynn sighed. "I see. Not a very convincing argument you have." Jeremy walked with her towards her first class, almost as persistent as Caroline. "I know it's not your scene, but your dad would want you to live your life. Not be with him in the hospital." And unfortunately just as brutal as Caroline.

But again, Jeremy was right. Carolynn turned to him, eyebrow raised. "If you so much as try to get me to drink alcohol, I will throw you into the fire. Got it?" Jeremy laughed, pulling Carolynn into a hug. Though he reeked of weed, Carolynn loved his hugs.