Tattoo Artist (Fluff/AU)

Sheng Zhe was slightly drunk. And by slightly, he meant he was more than tipsy. He was drunk drunk, and that's why his friends were driving him to a tattoo parlour at 3 in the morning.

"We gotta get you laid, man." They laughed at him, but only because it was his second year of college and he was yet to loose his virginity. All his friends made fun of him for it, but he knew what he was doing.

He was saving it for his soulmate.

Of course, he had no idea who that was. Or when he would meet them. So he shrugged, and he let them take him to the parlour to get a tattoo.

They walked in, and he immediately spotted a tall guy, maybe in his late thirties or early forties, cleaning off his needle. Sheng Zhe was slightly afraid, the world blurry as his friends pushed him to sit in the chair.

He looked up, meeting two sharp brown eyes, hidden behind gold rimmed glasses. Tilting his head, he examined the guy's slight goatee, his plump, kissable lips.

"What'll it be for you today?" He asked, smiling slightly. Sheng Zhe's heart hurt as he stared at the guy, cutting through the alcohol for a moment.

He opened his mouth. "Your name."

The guy seemed to be taken aback. "My name? You don't even know it, why would you want it on your skin?"

Sheng Zhe sighed, meeting his eyes. He had never felt such a electric current run through him until now. "Because. You're probably my soulmate." It sounded so stupid when he slurred it, but he meant it. "What is your name, by the way?"

The older guy laughed. "I'm Yi Jie. And you are?"

"Sheng Zhe." He smiled.

"You sure you want my name on you?"

"Yes."

"Where?"

Sheng Zhe's drunken mind couldn't comprehend what he had just asked. "What?"

"I said, where do you want it?"

"Oh." He replied dumbly. "Uh, right here. On my wrist."

He held out his arm, watching as Yi Jie disinfected the area and began to tattoo it on in small characters. He loved how the blank ink contrasted against the pale of his arm, making the tattoo stand out. The pain was dulled by the alcohol in his system, and the time was too short.

Yi Jie wiped away the last of the ink. "There you are." He smiled softly, meeting Sheng Zhe's eyes.

"Will you..." he looked around the shop, not seeing his friends anywhere. "Where are my friends?"

"They left, earlier." Yi Jie squinted at him. "I thought you noticed."

"I... I didn't." He said worriedly. "I... I don't have my phone." Tears began to well up in his eyes.

Yi Jie put his hand on Sheng Zhe's shoulder. "It's okay, don't worry. I get off in ten minutes. Just stay with me." He smiled at the young boy, beginning to clean the tattoo tools.

Sheng Zhe admired the small, pretty tattoo on his wrist, tracing his fingers over the stinging skin. He didn't even realize how long he was staring at it until Yi Jie sat back beside him.

"Hey, you ready to go?" He asked, smiling slightly at the younger guy. Sheng Zhe nodded, letting Yi Jie take his hand and pull him upwards.

Sheng Zhe's mind was in a state of altered reality from the alcohol, but he knew that he should intertwine his hand with Yi Jie's. Doing so, he managed a 'small' smile, which turned into more of a cheeky grin.

Yi Jie felt his heart take a small jump, looking at this drunk boy with his name on his wrist. Yi Jie was blushing, only slightly, and he squeezed Sheng Zhe's hand.

It was early in the morning, about 5am, so Yi Jie decided to take him to his favourite café for an early breakfast. Sheng Zhe was beginning to sober up, and he took more and more notice of the guy in front of him at the table.

"Have you been doing tattoos your whole life?" The younger asked, staring behind the golden spectacles at smooth chocolate eyes. Yi Jie took a sip of his tea, licking his lips and smiling slightly.

"Well, I went to university, intending to be a teacher, but I was much too fascinated with art to continue on that path." He looked down at the mixture, shaking the cup lightly. "What about you? What are you studying?"

"Poetry." Sheng Zhe replied.

He couldn't help but to stare at Yi Jie. He was so handsome. His heart almost shattered when the older man checked his watch. "I should probably be heading back soon. But I'll drive you home first."

Sheng Zhe knew he had to do something. He sat in Yi Jie's car, pent up with anxiety as he directed Yi Jie to his dorm. Maybe he was falling in love.

Yi Jie walked him to the door. He smirked sadly. "Still like your tattoo?" Sheng Zhe nodded in response.

"Well... of course I do. But..." Sheng Zhe looked down, trying to avoid Yi Jie's gaze.

"But what?"

"But... I don't want to say goodbye to you." He looked up. "I have your name on my arm... and now... I have a piece of you in my heart."

Their bodies responded before they're emotions did. Yi Jie moved forward slowly, his arms encircling the younger's waist. As their faces moved closer together, and their lips met for the first time, both their heartbeats quickened.

Sheng Zhe knew it in one instant, because he was in love. Yi Jie's eyes, the way he kissed, the way his hand moved against his body. It was so perfect it was almost scary.

Sheng Zhe pulled away, out of practice. He hadn't kissed anyone in a long time. He was breathless, looking up at Yi Jie, smirking.

"Can I have your number? We should go out on a date sometime..." he trailed off, playing with a thread on the guy's shirt.

"Definitely." Smiled Yi Jie.