Chapter Twenty Seven

Writing in third person is more fun so from now on it's gonna be third person. I might go back and make it third person in the other chapters, but I dunno.

Hugs, Sun-rays

-Sarah

Lacy sat by the fire. The soft yellow and orange light danced across her face. She smiled softly and closed her eyes. The snow fell in small flurries out the kitchen window. The brown curtains were drawn, as if hiding the cold kept it away from the house.

With a small sigh the ginger girl fell backwards on the carpet. The faint smell of moth balls and cat hair wafted from the floor. With her eyes still shut, her nose twitched as the thunderous sound of someone running down the stairs echoed into the living room.

She groaned inwardly, her eyebrows furrowed in frustration. The rude person, who was interrupting her quite time, burst into the living room. They stopped short upon seeing her. She smirked mistaking the silence for the other party ignoring her.

She was mistaken.

With a great holler, the youngest Weasley female tackled her sister. Lacy's eyes widened as she moaned in pain under the sporadic 8 year old.

"Lacyyyyy," Ginny whined moving to sit on her sisters legs. Lacy mockingly glared up at her. A sly smile spread across Ginny's face.

"Yes Ginevra?" Lacy said making the little girl stick her tongue out. Ginny picked at a loose thread in her jumper, suddenly shy.

"You promised you would play a game of quidditch today," Ginny said her high pitched voice lacking its usual loudness. Lacy grinned and shoved Ginny off of her.

"Last one there starts with negative points!" She shouted and legged it to the back door. Pulling on a coat and boots in record time she spun around. Bursting through the door, the first thing to hit her was the cold. She ran across the yard, Ginny hot on her heels. The freezing wind pelted their faces but they didn't care. They couldn't feel it over the warm excitement that coursed through the both of them.

Ginny's palm slapped against the broom closet's door milliseconds after Lacy. They both doubled over, taking in deep breaths to calm their erratic heartbeat.

"I count that as a draw," Lacy said through breaths. Ginny waved her hand dismissively and cleared her throat.

She looked up right when Lacy did. They both laughed as they pushed open the door. Making a beeline towards the back Lacy handed Ginny her smaller broom.

Normally when playing it was just the two of them. Bill and Charlie tended to get too rough when it came to quidditch. They quickly excluded their youngest sister in fear of hurting her. Lacy played with them on occasion, usually teaming up with Charlie to play as chaser.

Fred and George were the ultimate duo. The two being beaters during every game and trying their best to hit their older siblings. It took one bludger to the face to exclude Lacy as being a beater.

So it was usually the two girls. The two 'delicate ladies'. Ginny, even at the age of eight, was an incredible chaser and often won against Lacy in head to head competitions.

Ginny quickly put on her gear and mounted her broom. She took of to the sky leaving a laughing Lacy behind.

"Not this time squirt" she mumbled as she mounted her own broom. She kicked off the ground and threw the quaffle in the air. It took all but seconds for Ginny to try and steal it. The older girl sped forward and grabbed it, rolling in the air to miss the younger girl.

"Better luck next time!" She called and sped away from Ginny. She heard Ginny yell something back, most likely something sassy, but she didn't care. She focused on the makeshift goal Bill had made. She sped forward and threw the quaffle in. It soared through the air and the hoop.

"Not fair you tosser," Ginny began as she skidded to a stop next to Lacy. Lacy grinned and leaned over her broom. She ruffled Ginny's hair and took off again.

They played for over an hour, Ginny ended up losing by 10 points, the score being 185 - 175 The normal rule was whoever got to 180 first won the game.

With a satisfying thump the girls landed back on the ground. The snow fell through most of their game, thankfully refusing to stick yourself They put away their equipment quickly and trudged back to the entrance of 'The Burrow'.

"So if I were to dive instead of roll then maybe I would've scored?" Ginny asked as they undressed themselves of their snow gear. Lacy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No if you dived then you still would've missed completely. You would have to weave out of my way to get to the goals. Kinda like that one game we played last spring," The small girl nodded. The wandered back into the living room and flopped onto the plush couches.

"Where have you two been all morning?" Someone asked making the two girls jump in their seats. Charlie leaned over the back of the couch and watched the two with interest.

"Just playing some quidditch. Was mum wondering?" Lacy breathed out hastily. Charlie laughed quickly and shook his head. He ran a hand through his hair.

"No no. Fred and George were though, but I reckon they got bored. Heard some explosions from your room nothing to out of the ordinary" Lacy grinned and stood from the couch. She ruffled Ginny's hair again and patted Charlie on the shoulder.

"Well duty calls," she said and bowed. The three laughed as she jogged up the stairs to her room.