Chapter 35: And that one regret was you

*Claire's P.O.V*

Its been about 2 weeks since tour ended and everything is back to normal. Well as normal as it can get.

I killed someone....in this house. There's a voice in my head. Brendon is acting weird. And I'm pretty sure Taylor and Danny had sex. Lets not get to into detail.

So for starters, I killed someone and didn't regret it but lets not let anyone know that. There's a voice in my head and to top it off I got a call from Sarah asking me to be a doctor. A crazy patient is the doctor to a crazy patient, thats a title. Brendon went to a meeting 2 days ago and has been acting weird. And finally Taylor and Danny. Taylor went to his house one day and came back all sore and giggly.

I could really care less about Taylor's virginity even though I'm gonna have a talk with her. Brendon on the other hand went to a meeting and came back pale white and quiet.

Sarah called me the other day to be the doctor to a new patient. Apparently he knew Brendon. I mean I took it even though I dont know anything about "doctoring".

"Hey mom can you come here," I follow Taulors voice to her room where shes sitting on her bed. Well shit.

"Whats up," I take a seat beside her, waiting for her to continue.

"Don't worry I'm not here to say I'm pregnant...I know you know about Danny and I but save the lecture. I just wnana know when your birthday is," I mentally sigh. "November 3." (Fun fact: thats my birthday. Also I know this foesnt make sense I just needed to write something)

"Ok thank you. Also can we maybe not tell dad about Danny and I," I roll my eye sand let out a chuckle. "Sure, he's been weird lately but I dont think its because of that."

She nods and I leave the room, closing the door behind me. I look at the spot where I killed the man and flashbacks of all the men I killed come to me. I blink them away and walk towards the studio. As I'm about to walk in I hear Brendon speaking.

"No Dallon, I'm not doing it.---- I dont care, they're my family.--- The fucking label can't make me do anything its my choice.--- Whatever, I got to go." I'm guessing he hangs up the phone. I knock on the door and hear come in.

"Brendon," I close the door behind me and fully step in. "Why have you been so distant lately."

"Distant? I havent been distant," he excuses. "Please, ever since that meeting you've been out of it. You were talking about the label over the phone, what was that about?"

"How much did you hear," he says, face like he just saw a ghost. "Just the end, but what was it about."

"I cant say," he avoids my eyes and returns his attention to the computer. "Why the hell not," I snap.

"Because I cant. I would never try to hurt you in any way but I just have to keep this to myself," he sighs.

"Brendon," I walk up to him and put my hand on his shoulder making him tense up. I lean doan to his ear, "what are you hiding."

I leave it at that and walk to the door. "I love you Claire, never forget that." I walk out and back in the house. I grab a beer and sit on the couch, cracking open the bottle.

Miss me? Not one bit. Oh come on, you cant not miss yourself. Your not me, dont start that shit. When you go in to that asylum again you'll neve ever out, I'll make sure of it. Fuck you.

I finish the last sip of my beer and dispose the bottle. I head to the bedroom and lay down, facing the ceiling.

All these years of saying I'm crazy, I'm starting to believe it.

Brendon came in about 2 hours later for bed, so now we're both just laying down.

"Claire I'm sorry about earlier....its just things are so messed up right now I dont want you involved," Brendon breaks the silence.

"I just wish you would tell me," I at quietly. He sighs.

"Just know, I'm gonna regret my choice," he takes my hand and turns to me.

"What choice," I ask. "The label is making me choose and I just know I'm going to suffer through either one anyways."

"We'll get through it Brendon," he closes his eyes and sighs. "Its not that simple....lets just sleep it off."

I nod in response and turn off the lamp.

"Goodnight Brendon."

"Goodnight Claire, I love you so so much."
~~~~~~

   Claire and Taylor,

I am so sorry it has come to this, I never wanted it. I had a choice, career or family...and I was forced into career. I'm gone now, I left, but I regret every bit of this. You girls are my world, and I never want to do anything that will hurt you but thats to late. The label wont let me talk to you but I'll find a way. Claire, I'm especially sorry. We had a life, marriage, Taylor, everything and I am so sorry. I love you all so so much and I will never ever stop loving you. I hope to see you too.

Your partner/dad,
Brendon

I read over the letter again as I wait for the results. Brendon left awhile ago due to the label not letting him continue his life.

I'm not mad at him, I'm mad at his choice. The night before he left he said he'll regret his choice....now I understand. I believe he'll come back, he has to. But I'm not so sure.

The timer goes off and I pick up the test.

Oh shit...

END OF BOOK 1!!! Sorry about that little cliffhanger😉. I know this chapter was kind of a mess but I hope you all got the point of it. See you in book 2.

~Katelyn